Prime Minister’s Office invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill various posts in Coordination Unit of Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme- AFDP as mentioned below:
Procurement Officer should perform his duties by adhering to procurement guidelines set out in the Public Procurement Act.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertake or clear Procurement Risk Matrix assessments;
- Prepare or clear procurement related sections of Programme Concept Notes and Programme Design Reports including the Intergrated Risk Framework, the Programme Implementation Manual, The 18-month Procurement Plan, Financing Agreement and Letter to the Borrower;
- Review and/or clear procurement activities and process requiring IFAD’s prior review and advice from Country Director regarding issuance of No Objections.
- Undertake or clear programme procurement reviews;
- Provide inputs to procurement issues in supervision missions;
- Support procurement training and capacity building;
- Undertake portfolio-wide analysis of procurement performance trends and risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, financial Management or any other related field.
- At least five years progressively responsible experience in public purchasing, including supervisory responsibilities, operations and procurement of technical equipment, goods and services and relevant commodities preferably in high performing Public Institution or regional and international organization.
- Combined knowledge and Experience with Government of Tanzania and IFAD financial management and accounting systems, procurement and evaluating quotes, bids, tenders and drafting contracts.
- Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
- Two years contract, renewable for 6 years based on performance with 6 months’ probation period.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants should have good understanding of legal, administrative and operational standards and procedures in the Tanzania context;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister’s Office,
Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.o. Box 980,
Government City – Mtumba,
Deadline for application is 30th July, 2021