For 2020, TATU Project launched its new Environmental Initiative with the Green Project. This project consists, in brief, of setting up environmental clubs in schools, supporting them in their activities, and in the development of their own tree nurseries. Of course, tree-planting will be an important aspect of this project.
Main outcomes expected:
- Collaborative (with specialized partners, teachers and students) Environmental awareness and Leadership trainings
- Document training, including input from students, ideas from students and teachers
- Enrolment strategy for in-school environmental clubs following training
- Report on the structure and enrolment status of the clubs, portray the main leaders elected and their roles
- Report on the activities planning process and outcomes
- In collaboration with partners plan recommended trees and “promotion strategy” for each tree (that we want community members to buy and care for)
- Develop a strategy for the 1000 trees campaign – externally and in collaboration with the “One trip, One tree” initiative from our Travel Agency
- Implementation of the tree nurseries in the environmental clubs
- Planting of the first trees on the TATU Land and watering strategy
The role of Green Project Coordinator is to support the Green Program manager in daily operating duties while working together towards long-term goals and strategies. We want to focus on establishing strong foundations and clear vision towards project goals to allow the growth of this project. All actions should include the teachers and students’ inputs and they are the final decision-makers. This will support the project to become more sustainable and assist the people involved to become more independent overtime and have a deeper positive impact on the community’s environment.
● Gain a thorough understanding of the current status of the project and plan with the team on appropriate strategies
● Work with team to review, research and develop tools and trainings required for projects
● Work on funding strategy
● Conduct consistent and useful monitoring and evaluation systems
● Build databases and gather relevant information
● Hands-on tree planting when timely and support for water supply strategy
● Support communication of TATU goals with the community members and vice versa
● Assist in budgeting and accounting of projects
● Assist the weekly school environment club activities: Debates, tree planting and Tree nursery care.
● Assist the school’s trash free campaign and activities: Collect, Recycle and separate for Reuse.
● Assist the organise of the environment Seminar.
● Writing activities report.
● Develop social media content to promote project initiatives
It is essential for you to have:
● An undergrad degree in either International Development, Community Development or Environmental studies
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Proven time management skills
● Innovative and analytical thinker, with an ability to find solutions to complex problems whilst incorporating the
values of the organization
● Cultural sensitivity
● Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
● A proficient level of English skills, writing and oral
● Passion and values that align with TATU ProjectIt is desirable for you to have:
● Experience working/volunteering and living overseas, preferably in a developing country
● Experience working/volunteering with an NGO
● Experience in project coordination
● A good grasp of environmental stakes
● Computer literate across MS office applicationsCONDITIONS
● The time commitment is 3 months, with the opportunity to extend on mutual agreement
● For students, possibility to sign internship agreements provided by your home university
● VISA, flights and health insurance are not included
● The volunteer house and office is located in Moshi, Tanzania
● The working week will mainly consist of office hours with one or two days working on the field
● Live and work abroad at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro in Moshi, Tanzania with an international NGO
● Explore a wide range of responsibilities and activities, with the flexibility to create your own growth objectives
with the support from the team
● Conduct fieldwork supporting and working with local communities and gain strong hands-on experience
● Work with a diverse international team while learning about sustainability and international development
● Experience in collaborating with local & international partner organizations.
● A dedicated, friendly team and positive, dynamic working environment.
● Participate in day trips and activities in and around Moshi.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and application letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Green Project Coordinator – Application”