Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Alliance Life Assurance Ltd was established in 2010 as the first locally privately owned Life Insurance Company in Tanzania. The company has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become one of the leading insurance and financial services companies in East Africa providing life insurance solutions to both corporates and individuals. Alliance Life is highly rated in leadership, innovation, customer service, and risk management.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our team!
As a COO, you will be responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the company’s operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals to help the organization execute long-term and short-term plans and directives by implementing judgement, vision, management, and leadership. The COO will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Nature and Scope of the Position:
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operational goals, collaborating with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provides leadership to ensure all activities are consistent with our goals, guidelines and culture by monitoring trends and evolving our strategy to keep up with changing customer expectations.
- Ensures that departmental decisions, project plans, and budgets such as those for staffing, development, and team execution align across the larger team.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems with the goal of improving the use of resources and materials.
- Ensure client satisfaction through maintenance of good relationships with clients and intermediaries, quick response times to queries and speedy settlement of legitimate claims;
- Implement risk management strategies to ensure that the risk carried by The Company is appropriate in respect of the life insurance business. This includes responsibility for pricing and reinsurance strategies, policy wordings and administration procedures in respect of the take-on and management of clients, processing of claims, and payment of reinsurance premiums and recovery of reinsurance on claims.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in Life insurance and Annuity operations and serves on industry committees to share knowledge and increase the company brand.
- Actively leads in Marketing, Distribution, Operations, Finance, HR, and other key areas to drive overall business results.
- Develops and maintains productivity and quality standards through audit and other review mechanisms to ensure policy, procedures, and objectives are carried out.
- Develops teams and leaders, providing coaching on growth and career planning to aid in succession management.
- Proactively partners with distribution leadership and external agencies to improve presence, solve challenges and gather the feedback to continually improve the customer experience driving critical value creation and competitive differentiation in the marketplace.
Candidate Profile and Position Criteria:
- ACM, FIII/AIII or equivalent.
- At least 12 year’s managerial experience in Life Insurance (with at least 5yrs of experience as Profit Centre Head).
- Analytical ability and good numeric skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills, customer sensitivity and skills to deal with intermediaries and clients.
- A good working knowledge of relevant Life Insurance software programs and Microsoft applications such as MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English is absolutely essential.
Salary offered is highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method of Application
If you are confident that you match the above mentioned criteria please send your detailed C.V mentioning the position in the subject line to: [email protected] . Deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Thursday, 15th July 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.