Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by Tanzania Episcopal Conference (TEC) and Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) to facilitate the provision of social services in Tanzania. CSSC supports Church institutions to deliver quality social services to all the people regardless of colour, race and faith; and also promotes expansion of health, education and other social services all over Tanzania.
CSSC in collaboration with Action Medeor (a German medical aid NGO), and the Pharmacy Council of Tanzania are engaged on implementing a “Multi-Actor Partnership” (MAP) project. MAP project is a 3-year project funded by the German Government (BMZ) and the pharmaceutical industry. The project aims to contribute to the sustainable strengthening of health care through better and more trained pharmaceutical assistants, technicians and better qualified hospital pharmacists in Tanzania.
Main interventions include:
Expand the established dialogue structures and cooperation systems as an important organizational form for improved pharmaceutical education in Tanzania. Support academic and administrative managers and teaching staff to be registered by PTIs and involved to implement targeted measures to achieve and maintain quality standards, taking into account advancing digitalization.
Master trainers in clinical pharmacy from three faculties of pharmacy and one school of pharmacy are qualified to train faculty in clinical pharmacy and multidisciplinary health care teams.
Applications are sought from highly qualified, well experienced and motivated persons for the following position to join Christian Social Services Commission. The work station for the position is based in DAR ES SALAAM, Tanzania.
Public Relations Officer (PRO)
The position is found at CSSC Head Office and will report to the Executive Director. PRO will ensure that CSSC has the information required to accomplish its objectives, promote CSSC publicity and image. The PRO will be attached to the MAP project and also support other CSSC projects that contributes to MAP and CSSC objectives. The PRO will be responsible to assist the CSSC management in communicating, networking and advocating events and activities implemented by CSSC.
- Develop and undertake appropriate and effective promotion strategies to market CSSC services and portray its positive image to the public.
- Develop and undertake appropriate and effective promotion strategies to market the MAP and Round Table positive image to the public.
- Identify gaps and needs in the MAP project that require advocacy and communication efforts amongst stakeholders
- Liaise with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and other government agencies, and all other related part
- Identify and support opportunities for fundraising regarding common measurements of the Round Table for Improving Training in Pharmacy (ITRAP)
- Communicate with development partners, and actors (local and international) through the project managers on project related matters in consultation with CSSC Management
- Formulate and maintain effective internal and external communication methods to effectively link the Management and Staff in the Commission.
- Handle the production of promotion tools and materials as would be required from time to time.
- Maintain close relationship with the Mass Media and direct and influence their relationship in the interest of CSSC and the MAP objectives
- Advocate and facilitate launching of an e-platform for health care training Institutions.
- Visit and hold regular meetings with various stakeholders.
- Prepare and share quality publications for the MAP and CSSC work i.e. Newsletter, Brochures, Annual reports
Competencies / skills
- Good understanding of social affairs and international institutions dynamics in Tanzania with experience of working with multi-stakeholder networks, associations, partners (NGOS, UN, Ministries, Departments and Agencies and media)
- Good understanding of monitoring & evaluation and utilizing evidence for communication materials
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to deliver oral presentations and lead workshops with various audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and highly organized
- Build and maintain effective relationships with various decision-makers in governmental institutions, international organization and industry
- Excellent negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Ability to deliver quality reports (skills in results-based reporting, progress and impact measuring and reporting)
- Proven knowledge of NGO operations in Tanzania
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and internet system
- At least five (5) years’ experience of participating and implementing communication strategy in a reputable organization or government institution with evidence of advocacy & lobbying related engagements
- Experience and expertise in advocacy, communication, lobby work, strategic planning
- Experience of working with managers/ decision makers of government institutions, Non-Governmental Organization at National and/or international level,
- Job related experience in progressively responsible experience as a journalist or public information officer or similar specialty, including experience in the preparation and production of materials for publication.
- A Bachelor degree in (Journalism), mass communication, public relation or other related field from a recognized university. Msc will be an added advantage Qualifications
Contract: Annual, renewable for up to 3 years
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their application letter and copy of the latest CV in one document. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees. Al correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs, July 15th 2021 and channeled through [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only candidates can apply for this job.