As Technical Manager you will be accountable for the operational day-to-day technical related activities at the station. Key responsibilities include flawless and timely execution of technical related tasks, ensure appropriate maintenance planning and effectuation at the station as well as improving the maintenance processes.
As Technical Manager you make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. Therefore you will do necessary maintenance and repairs. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of installations. You will coordinate new installations and documentation. Additionally you keep the workshop and all tools and equipment in good condition.
You will work closely with the technical staff and with external contractors in order to ensure the required uptime of the equipment and installations. Also you manage the technical team and make sure that they are well trained. Ensuring that proper service level agreements are in place is also part of this position. You act as a creative problem solver for the technical department and work closely with technicians and workshop engineers.
Any other activities as keeping farm surroundings neat and tidy and work according to all health & safety and farm protocols will also be part of this position.
The Technical Manager will report to the Station Manager and has 3 direct and 32 people indirectly reporting to him / her. Total number of employees in Tanzania is appr. 280.
Your main responsibilities are;
- Supervise, lead and provide direction to the technicians and workshop engineers.
- Manage and improve the replacement of installations for optimalization of the process.
- Decide and prioritize on continuous improvement actions for the maintenance activities.
- Contract management.
- Planning of preventative maintenance and Ad hoc technical problem solving.
- Development and implementation of the maintenance software module.
- Train, coach and assist the technical team.
- Review, adjust and trains the team on health & safety protocols.
- Communicate to management the results and developments achieved by the department.
- Initiate and implement improvement actions projects at department level.
- You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong problem solver, have the ability to multi task in a high tech environment, have an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to this position and its responsibilities.
- You take initiative and you plan and prioritize your work efficiently. You are able to transfer your knowledge and skills to your team members and are flexible in dealing with cultural differences.
In short, you:
- have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable);
- have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment;
- have at least 6-10 year international working experience;
- have strong leadership and (people) management skills;
- are al real motivator on innovation and process optimization;
- have professional proficiency in English;
- have affinity with horticulture.