Be able to manage and understand all duties of Account Receivable and Account Payable positions. Oversee the team members working in these areas. Be able to manage and understand all duties related to Focalization of invoices.
Be responsible for the archive room to ensure all needed documents are stored as per standards. Be responsible of month end check list during month end process to ensure all sections are completed on time as per check list schedule.
Understand and possess a working knowledge of the Accounting & Finance Manual Good understanding of Month-End Process, including but not limited to preparation of financial statements, accruals and journal entries, maintain reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts in established corporate formats and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Be responsible of Saba Saba float and submit petty cash voucher claim in timely manner. Understand the current edition of USALI11. Prepare and coordinate the monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts and all bank reconciliations, ensuring all outstanding reconciling items are investigated and resolved satisfactorily.
Ensure that every single bill checked out is properly fiscalized. Reconcile TRA settlements and ensure exceptions are investigated and anomalies are brought to the Assistant Director of Finance’s attention. Daily reconciliation of Tanapa and Ngorongoro cards for Park Fees. Perform all daily, monthly, and other periodic accounting and financial reporting in an accurate and timely nature.
Participate in the physical inventory counts and the subsequent accuracy of count, price, and valuation. Be responsible to provide efficient training to new employees or interns joining the team. Assist with month end adjustment journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations Have a working knowledge of all areas in Finance to ensure that coverage can be provided for employees on vacation or leave.
Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance.
Maintain harmonious and professional relationship with co-workers, supervisors and all departments to promote effective receiving and pick up of goods received. Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook. Assist in other areas of the Accounting office as needed.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish the required duties and be willing to assist in the absence of any member of the department.
Follow all Accounting Policies & Procedures and Internal Controls in the performance of one’s duties. Be willing to assist with hotel or departmental initiatives as applicable. Participate in the annual circulating Operating Equipment inventory and assist in review and reconciling the discrepancies. Support the Hotel’s food hygiene, Safety Committee and Green initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Education: High School education or equivalent experience
- Experience: Experience of at least two years full-time employment in a similar position in the hospitality industry.
Skills and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of the purpose and reasons for internal controls.
- Understand and familiar with quality standards and service standards of the hotel.
- Require a working technical knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and all corporate policies and procedures.
- Require knowledge of and the ability to operate computer equipment and excellent Excel and Computer Skills. Sun, Micros and Opera Systems knowledge would be ideal and greatly valued.
- Continuously seek to improve/develop the performance of others and continuously strive to improve his own performance.
- Work in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Reasonable cost analysis and cost management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings.
No. of employees supervised: 4+
Travel required: None
Hours required: Work Cycle; Six Weeks Work and 2 weeks off
Dedicated to perfecting the travel experience through continual innovation and the highest standards of hospitality, Four Seasons can offer what many hospitality professionals dream of -the opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done.