This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and passionate teacher to join and contribute to the success of a well-established and highly popular international school.
As a leading academic centre in East Africa, we provide the Cambridge Curriculum to both expatriate and Tanzanian students, giving students of all backgrounds the opportunity to develop life-long knowledge, experience and skills that will equip them to succeed later in life.
The School: Isamilo International School is the oldest international school in Mwanza and is held in high esteem by the local community. We offer an exceptional and well balanced education to 400+ children from a broad spectrum of cultural backgrounds aged between 2 and 18 years including boarding students from across East Africa. We have a committed team of creative, resourceful and inspiring teachers and teaching assistants. Due to the nature of being a non-profit school, the staff and students alike are used to finding inspired resolutions to overcome the challenges this can bring. The school benefits from a close-knit community where teachers, students, parents and guardians all come together to guarantee a memorable and enjoyable experience.
The campus incorporates a sports field, netball and tennis courts as well as an outdoor 25 metre swimming pool. There is a great range of extra-curricular activities offered by our staff. Community service is a highly valued aspect of our school with staff and students giving their time voluntarily to supporting our Saturday School outreach programme as well as fundraising in order to support other charities in Mwanza. The academic calendar has three terms. The school calendar typically runs from August 20th and finishes at the end of June, breaking for Christmas, Easter and half term holidays.
Location: Mwanza is the second largest city in Tanzania, after Dar es Salaam. There are frequent ferries to neighbouring islands, including Rubondo and Ukerewe. It has a growing population of over 700,000 residents. As well as being in close proximity to the Serengeti, Mwanza is just a short flight away from Dar es Salaam, Mount Kilimanjaro and Zanzibar. Mwanza boasts breath-taking views of Lake Victoria, famous rock formations and local wildlife.
What we are looking for:
• Relevant degree and professional teaching qualification
• Extensive experience within a British Curriculum primary school setting
• A strong understanding of a variety of teaching strategies to support ESL learners
• Excellent record-keeping and administrative skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and all staff members
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• An outstanding role model to students, faculty and staff
• A creative and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
• Uphold the values of the school in a manner that is respectful to all faiths
• Flights provided at the start and end of contract to your country of origin
• Furnished, secure accommodation close to school
• Visa and Residency documentation provided
• Medical insurance for the successful candidate and up to two dependents
• Opportunities to join day and residential school trips for boarders and a range of year groups across Africa
• School places for up to 2 dependents
• A salary which allows for a comfortable lifestyle within Tanzania
• Generous holidays to travel home and/or beyond
• A strong, supportive expatriate community providing a ‘home away from home’
• Professional development and guidance given
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted