Position: Key Account Manager
Location: Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaJob Purpose:
To achieve CE (Consumer Electronics) Sales Targets (SELL IN) by managing relationship with the established Distributors and Channels within an assigned territory whilst tracking actual sell out versus the sales forecasts.
- To ensure the execution of negotiated Joint Business Plans (JBPs) from activities such as Distributor Conferences/Strategy meetings for the HA business unit.
- To ensure that all assigned Distributors have the relevant product information (product line ups/POSM guidelines/Flooring plans) as received from the Product Manager.
- To ensure responsible system utilization (GPPM, GCSM, PVI) by Distributors and Master Channel partners.
- To ensure service delivery through effective performance management, motivation and retention of assigned Distributors.
- To liaise with the Product Manager to develop realistic Sell In targets that will assist in growing market share
- To formulate and execute distribution, sales strategies to grow pipeline and boost Sell-In / sell out plans.
- To develop and implement Channel Management strategies that will increase product availability in the assigned territories.
- To prepare periodic (weekly, monthly, quarterly etc.) management and ad hoc reports that keep track of the sales performance with an overview of achieving monthly sales targets (SELL IN).
Supply Chain Management
- To ensure effective six (6) months demand planning/sales forecast with proper follow up negotiations to ensure assigned stretch targets are met.
- To recommend process and systems improvement to enhance quality and efficiency within the business.
- To be responsible for the collections of Account Receivables(A/R)
Customers of this Position
- Leadership team
- Assigned Distributors
- Product Managers
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- 6 years’ experience in Sales and Marketing, with 3 years in Account Sales Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Sales/Marketing Discipline
- Sound knowledge of the CE operating environment
- Proven experience in motivating distributors, Channel and Field Force Teams to double their efforts to improve sales with-in the assigned region.
- Business processes, objectives and strategies
Competencies required for this Role
- Drive for Results- Individual Contributor
- Creative Intelligence Individual Contributor
- Navigating organizations- Individual Contributor
- Building Best teams- Individual Contributor
- Inspiring others- Individual Contributor
About the company
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.