Smart codes Limited is a digital transformation platform company with a mission to solve African challenges through creative ideas, media, technology, and making a mark in everything we do across Africa.
We believe in adopting creativity and innovation as a driver to communicate organizational messages and in turn, bring change and growth to African communities. Times change and to prosper with our clients, we ensure to serve them with premium quality services delivered at high standards. Our vast profile ranges from being the leading advertising, marketing, and creative agency and groundbreaking innovators in technology all aimed at connecting African brands to the world.
We are looking for a Senior Creative Designer to join the Creative Team.
JOB TITTLE: Senior Creative Designer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- Estimating the time required to complete the work, thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive design;
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- Presenting finalized ideas and concepts to clients or account managers;
- Working with a range of media, including computer-aided design (CAD) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies;
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print;
- Commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- Working as part of a team with printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment;
- Purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Calling for repairs;
- Maintaining equipment inventories;
- Evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops;
- Reviewing professional publications;
- Participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Accomplish other duties assigned by the management
Senior Graphics Designer Requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a Senior Graphic Designer or other similar position
- Excellent graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Strong interaction, communication and presentation skills
- Good practical experience with industry leading software and technologies, such as In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and so on
- Strong abilities to comply with requirements of time, costs and deadlines
- BS or MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject or any other related field
At Smart Codes, we love working with talent who are driven, and thoughtful individuals focused on creating great and disruptive technology products. You will be part of an environment that puts collaboration at the centre. Where we value your insight, energy, and we know the special mark that great developers make on a product and the success of a business.