SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world.
Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions.
Job Title: Alternative Care Coordinator (1 Post)
Duty station: Dar es Salaam
Reporting to: Program Manager
- Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children’s Village.
- Leading the SOS community comprising of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children’s educational, emotional development and physical needs.
- Managing the planning and activity programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the SOS Children’s Village.
- Ensure Child protection and safeguarding mechanisms in Village community.
- Monitor Children and Youth academics and performances in collaboration with mothers/parents.
- Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children’s Village program.
- Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
- This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership building with various stake holders such as Government officials, NGOs, FBOs as well as with the private sector
- In cooperation with the Program Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
- A working knowledge on HR and performance management
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Social work or Sociology.
- 4 – 5 years of relevant professional experience at management level.
- Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
- Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
- The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the required high standards.
- Mature personality (male or female), stable socially and emotionally.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Computer literacy
Note: The position requires the Alternative Care Coordinator to live within the SOS Children’s Village.
Mode of Application
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Email: [email protected] Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted The deadline for submitting the application is 19 July 2021.