The incumbent role is to provide technical guidance on programming and SBCC strategy and activity implementation in Tanzania including strategic use of media, interpersonal communication, dialogue and community mobilization.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(i) Behaviour Change Communication Strategy and Materials Development
· Provides strategic direction and leadership in social and behaviour change communication to meet UMATI and donor requirements and targets/goals.
· Work closely with technical team on the design, planning, and implementation of a comprehensive SBCC strategy.
· Contribute to message, communications material, community communications and activities development in accordance with the SBCC project strategy, to increase access to family planning emphasizing the importance of gender-based norms and promoting the concept of rights-based informed choice.
· Manage and monitor SBCC interventions implemented by project staff and partners, on a daily basis.
· Take lead in development, pretesting and roll out of BCC materials such as success stories, newsletters, BCC messages and other IEC for effective implementation
(ii) Program Management
· Contribute to formative, quantitative and client-centred research to identify key health behaviour determinants targeted by the project.
· Collaborate with program, finance and administrative staff.
· Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
· Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and DFID policies and procedures.
· Work closely with the project team to ensure coordination of planned activities and resources allocation.
· Contribute to documenting experiences, prepare report and articles with a view to publish them.
(iii) Partnership Management and Support
· Identify and work with the SBCC project partners together with the Programme SBCC Advisor to develop messages based on the results of formative research to impact the target population.
· Implement the best local and international practices in reproductive health and family planning, as well as the strengthening of positive gender norms;
· Contribute to building relationships with donors, and developing project proposals and publications.
· Handle key relationships with national and local partners in SBCC activities for the WISH project.
· Build the institutional capacities of Programme staff in the implementation and monitoring of evidence-based SBCC initiatives to increase the overall knowledge and lead to greater understanding of priority health issues while promoting positive behaviours for health and strengthening the demand for key health services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor degree in Social science/Communications/Public Relations or related field.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the development and implementation of Social Behavioural Change Communication strategies and programs.
· Demonstrated success in generating innovative and effective behaviour change or marketing solutions.
· Experience in leading the implementation of community-based interventions.
· Demonstrated experience in identifying barriers to behaviour change and developing sound communication plans that include innovative strategies to address them.
· Familiarity with best practices in social and behaviour change communications.
· Demonstrated ability to work with various partners including donors, MoH, Local governments, CBO’s and NGO’s.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and initiative to develop innovative approaches.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, including public speaking, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
· Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skills set and work styles.
· High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
· An ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources.
· Computer literacy in office applications
· Diligence and attention to detail.
· Good interpersonal, communication skills and a team player.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
· Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues in Tanzania.
· Fluent in Oral and Written English and Swahili language.
· Good multi-tasking skills with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced working environment.
· Willing and able to travel extensively on UMATI business.
Mode of Application:
All those who meet the above requirements and would like to apply for the position, should send their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates and three referees with their contacts to [email protected]
The position should be the subject of the email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is on 06th June, 2022.
UMATI is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.