At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Job Profile and Resposibilities
- This role is responsible in carrying investigations, gathering information, performing data analysis and reporting to the Investigation Manager, as per the applicable policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- The role involves initiating, interviewing, and documenting the investigation process. In addition to data analysis and the drafting of investigation reports, the role will handle presentation of results from investigations so as to provide insights into the next levels of reviews and decision making.
- Other responsibilities include coordinating internal and external stakeholders involvements, such as in matters related to Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs).
- Ensure robust and objective investigations into both internal and external issues are carried out, maintaining the integrity of the evidence and an impartial, professional and dedicated investigation approach, leading to effective disciplinary process and/or criminal prosecutions where appropriate;
- Align all investigatory tactics and strategy, prioritize workload and incidents to achieve the department and company goals;
- Maintain the company databases related to investigations by updating daily all the systems and their embedded workflows, diaries so as ensure statuses of cases being investigated is both valid, accurate, and complete;
- Ensure that all the financial losses are recorded and reported on in accordance with Policy and the VF Ethical Code of Conduct;
- Build on the relationship that has been built with the law enforcement. In particular, the the Cyber Security, the TAMNOA and the GSM Fraud Forums etc.
- Respond/react to all the allegations that are reported via the VF Whistleblowing Hotline and to action them in accordance with local directives, laws and regulations;
- Ensure that all significant investigations are reported to Group Corporate Security and Group Internal Audit in accordance with the Group Policy Standard, including any which involve allegations of bribery or corruption; and
- Drive the identification of required business change from across CS through KPIs and excellent relationships with the department heads and broader team. Use operational expertise and strong relationships across Vodacom to deliver the opportunities
- BSc/BA (Statistics) or BSc Information Technology Degree or equivalent;
- Fraud investigations or similar certifications will be an advantage;
- Training/certification in cyber security; will be an advantage;
- Data Analytics certifications will be an added advantage.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience Required:
- Basic Sequential Query Language (SQL) knowledge and 2-3 years’ experience;
- Knowledge of Telecommunications (GSM Industry) and Mobile Money Fraud an advantage;
- Demonstrable report writing skills;
- Knowledge of criminal law, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Data Protection Act and Money Laundering legislations
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.