Position: Big Data and Special Projects Manager
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 01-Jul-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
• Co-creating Advanced Machine Learning products that drive revenue, reduce cost and improve CX.
• Developing big data monetization propositions and manage their end to end (E2E) execution.
• Delivering actionable insights to support and contribute toward the delivery of CVM objectives and targets.
• Contributing to the wider community to enable an Advanced Machine Learning capability across Vodafone globally
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Identify, Analyse and Interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Support the extraction of data (ETL) from multiple sources.
• Manage E2E go to market execution for big data and special projects propositions.
• Communicate analytics and ML model results to business users.
• Development of machine learning models for various areas of the business on the Big Data Platform.
Key performance indicators:
• Number of Initiatives powered by ML
• Timely delivery of the Big data and ML plans as specified on the roadmap
• Revenue uplift and customer conversion rates
• Quality of support and stakeholder alignment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Excellent analytical, logical and casual reasoning skills.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
• Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• 4+ years of experience in similar big data and data science role.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Data Journalism, or related fields
• Significant knowledge of customer driven marketing techniques and processes
• Proficiency in Python and associated data Science ecosystem, Machine Learning and Experiments Design.
• Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
• Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
- Understanding Customers and Developing Insight
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.