Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Direct Reports: FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Location: Dar es Salaam
Implement general administrative procedures in order to ensure documentary traceability as well as compliance with local labour and fiscal regulations, under the Personnel Administration Manager supervision.
- Following the HR Coordinator instructions, supervise that the internal regulations are followed in the mission in order to ensure both tax and labour regulation compliance
- Execute recruitment activities ensuring transparency and equity and issuing job offers conveniently in order to meet HR needs.
- Inform all the new staff on Staff Regulations, HR policies and regulations and/or living conditions in order to facilitate staff integration and their security.
- Execute, under the HR Coordinator supervision, employee contract related activities (file opening and formal documentation archiving, personal data updating, amendments, termination dates supervision, etc.) in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Present and explain contract terms and the content of Internal regulation (rights and obligations) to newly recruited personnel in order to ensure legal compliance and local integration.
- Collect the variable pay slip elements on Homere (paid holidays, sick leave, unpaid leave, etc.) in order to ensure accurate and on time payroll payment.
- Supervise the payroll process, checking the list of employees and amounts payable (variable pay, taxes, social securities contributions, etc.) in order to ensure accuracy and on time payroll payment.
- Follow-up cost of living on a regular basis.
- Register applicants to training activities and help the HR Coordinator to evaluate the results in order to improve return on training expenditures.
- Support the HR Coordinator to draw up annual holiday planning in order to schedule staff shifts and cover operational needs.
- Supervise project budget execution in order to detect deviations and recommend corrections.
- Organizes travel and files of all Staff arriving/departing the Mission, including International Staff documentation (visas, MSF card, Mission Orders, etc.), booking and purchasing plane tickets, keeping / renewing passports and organizing briefings / induction.
- Ensure that all staff have valid work, stay, travel permits.
- Ensures staff travelling through the capital is picked up, has appropriate papers and a place to stay.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Essential – Diploma / degree in Human Resources, or Business Administration.
- Essential: working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Knowledge of Tanzania Labour Law in depth and capable to implement it, with practical experience.
- Desirable experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluent oral and written English and Swahili (speak, read and write)
Competences and main skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, power point and digital media)
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, verbal communication skills, organisational skills, flexibility, stress and time management
- Strategical thinking, results and quality orientation, planning and organization, initiative and innovation
- Adhesion to MSF principles and MSF charter
- Taste to work and evolve with international and diverse team members
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Friday June 25th 2021 at 4.00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR ASSISTANT”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Hamza Aziz Street, Kahama Court, Masaki, Dar es Salaam OR in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted