The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year.
We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider.
Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
Role and responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Manage the procurement support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Line Manage a team of staff who will be dedicated to the role
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the procurement support function
- Provide leadership and management of all processing of Purchasing Orders upon request by users according to laid down rules and regulations.
- Manage all national and area office tenders as per the laid down procedures and guidelines.
- Follow up with the suppliers and service providers to ensure timely delivery and dispatch of goods and provision services to all users.
- Manage the Country Procurement plans and ensure that the plan is followed through with consolidation of like purchases for efficiency and economies of scale
- Ensure that all assistants and officers supervised keep track of current procurements with bi-weekly reporting for consolidation into a monthly report.
- Ensure all procurements that are required to be processed through Aggresso are done.
- Manage the RO and HO reporting in respect of procurement function such as Project Deliver Procurement Tracker reporting.