North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Planner to join Gold Plant team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Maintenance Planner tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Maintenance Planner will report to the Gold Plant Planning Supervisor.
- Ensure team member in the plant adhere to safety regulations and use the correct PPE.
- Ensure safe work practices by reporting incidents/accident and making sure total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health AND Environment Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines as well as proper use of requirement /mandatory PPE’s.
- Develop, maintain, monitor and update maintenance manuals for Gold Plant Department
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly/quarter and annual maintenance reports with accurate information and on time.
- Compile, update and distribute backlogs reports and other mandated control reports.
- Maintain database and report on tracking work completion, scheduled vs unscheduled and other metrics to track and improve overall maintenance performance.
- Create accurate plans for scheduling and manpower forecasting for weekly/ monthly and long term maintenance schedulers.
- Manage maintenance system including data quality and ensure improvement for the system.
- Monitor and measure maintenance costs and adjust planning accordingly.
- Analyze trends in equipment maintenance needs including breakdown, preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, MTBF and MTTR.
- In collaboration with other team members, review and prioritize maintenance work requests.
- Plan for all preventive maintenance and shutdown activities and ensuring plans are adequately resourced.
- Organize and conduct pre and post shutdown meetings involving all stakeholders and ensure inputs are captured and communicated for review prior to and after shutdown.
- Ensure the maintenance management strategies for spare parts, planned maintenance task and planned outages increase Plant reliability.
- Identify and manage inventory level of critical spares and work closely with the supply chain Department to ensure parts availability and durability.
- Measure and report on maintenance planning Kay Performance Indicator (KPI’s) and compute MTBF and MTTR for critical equipment as suggested.
- Maintain Plant integrity and available ensuring that parts lists are documented and Bill of Materials (BOM) are completed.
- Ensure that maintenance history and job records database are kept up to date.
- Diploma/Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical would be an added advantage
- Specialization in Maintenance Planning Certificate would be advantageous.
- Valid Driving License.
- Minimum experience of five (5) years in a processing plant equipment and maintenance.
- Experience in a mining environment is highly desirable.
- Experience with Installation, service and repair of processing plant equipment.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent safety record.
- Experience with SAP maintenance system
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Applications and Products in Data Processing (SAP)
- Process Plant/equipment and maintenance.
- Maintenance shutdown planning and management.
- Maintenance budgeting.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Reading and interpreting Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Drawing and Sketch.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- CMMS-Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Excellent communication skill in English.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th January, 2022.
BEWARE Of Fraudulent activities! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.