The tropical research institute (TPRI) was established by the Act No. 18 of 1979, TPRI is mandated to carry out research on pests, pesticides, biodiversity management and conservation and provide services including pesticides quality control, toxology, pestides application techniques, sanitary and phytosanitary services, conservation of genetic resources, plant taxonomy and biosafety regulations. Other functions include pesticides registration and control, livestock and human vector research, determination pesticide residues in food, feeds and the environment. All these functions contribute towards market access and share, food security, wealth creation, sustainable development and livelihood.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT – (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist Senior Research Scientists in setting up experiments and data collection;
- To gather relevant literature and write research reports;
- To carry out laboratory analysis and field studies;
- To assist in proposal development under the supervision of the Senior Research Scientist; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Botany with Module in Plant Taxonomy and Plant Morphology. Applicant must possess an Upper Second Class in his/her degree.
SALARY SCALE: PRSS 1
- All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania generally with an age not above 45
- years of age except for those who are in Public Service;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:-
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Recruitment Portal;
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his application letter through his respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- An applicant with special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
- O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 14th June, 2021;
- Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;