The Regional Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric project (RRFHP) is one of the priority regional projects in the Nile countries and aims at development of low-cost power generation and regional electricity trade as a means to improve productivity and promote economic growth in the region.
The proposed project consists of construction of (i) a run-of-river hydropower facility with an installed capacity of 80 MW to be equally shared between the three shareholder countries of Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
The power plant and associated hydraulic infrastructure will be situated at the Rusumo, where the Kagera River forms the boundary between Tanzania and Rwanda, and ii) transmission facilities connecting the power plant to the national grids of Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania.
The Local Area Development Plan (LADP), is a benefit sharing program designed to enhance regional economic and social development in the project area. The LADP project area includes Ngara District in Tanzania, Kirehe and Ngoma Districts in Rwanda and communes of Giteranyi (Muyinga Province) and Busoni (Kirundo Province) in Burundi.
The Ngara District Executive Director is announcing the following vacancies under LADP Tanzania to be filled soon by competent Tanzanian:
Position: LADP Ngara Procurement Officer (1 Post)
Accountability and Reporting
The Procurement Officer will report and be accountable to the LADP Coordinator Ngara, Tanzania in a format and schedule as required.
The functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Ensure the implementation of all procurement provisions in Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs);
- Prepare and regularly update the project procurement plan in liaison with the components.
- Manage the tendering processes by providing advice regarding preparation and verification of tender documents, adherence to Donor procurement and financial regulations, timely preparation of all required communications, finalization of contracts and ensure proper filing, maintenance and protection of documents and best practice;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the management and administration of the procurement process including the development of specifications / Terms of Reference (ToRs), the set-up of evaluation committee and evaluation, the documentation and filing at all stages of the procurement cycle; preparation of bidding documents, pre-qualification of bidders, notification and advertising, bid opening and evaluation, award of contracts, reviewing claims, and review of payment certificates;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of guidelines for the supervision, management and monitoring contracts for goods, works or services at component level including the receipt, review, and the clearance of payments
- Manage and administer the selection of consultants under the projects including initiating the set-up of evaluation committee and managing all stages of the procurement cycle; short-listing of consultants, preparation of request for proposals, evaluation of technical and financial proposals, preparation of draft contracts, supervision of consultancy contracts, reviewing claims and certification consultants’ invoices after the technical sector specialists have approved the consultant’s report;
- Liaise with NELSAP/PIU to seek and obtain approval for key stages in the procurement cycle;
- Establish a Procurement Management Information System for enhancement of procurement planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation for the project as per the required
- Prepare all procurement reports regularly and timely in line with the MoU and any other project requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by
Qualifications and Experience
- At least Bachelor degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Civil Engineer or similar qualification;
- At least Five years of experience in the field of procurement;
- Demonstrable experience in a business environment in procurement services in either public or private sector. Experience gained in organizations with a regional dimension is an added advantage.
- Have a strong ability to work in a team environment with a results-based orientation and to bring tasks to completion under tight deadlines;
- Has demonstrated ability to follow World Bank Procurement procedures or other multilateral donors;
- Knowledge of the national public procurement procedures is an advantage;
- Have working knowledge of MS Office software, MS Project, windows etc.
- Fluency in English, Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
N.B. It’s recommended to attach copies of certificates, degrees and proof of their professional experience.
The Procurement Officer will be based at Ngara District Head Office.
The employee’s appointment will be on contract period of 12 months. The contract may be extended based on satisfactory performance, availability of funds and need for services. Remuneration is negotiable.
Candidates’ Reporting Obligations
The Environmental Expert shall work under direct supervision of and reports to LADP District Coordinator. The Environmental Expert shall be located in the Ngara District (TANZANIA).
The candidate is expected to produce and submit:
- A brief narrative/weekly/monthly report outlining the work accomplished in delivering the specific weekly/monthly outputs. s An outline of the work expected to be completed for the next deliverable week/monthly/quarter.
- Any document requested guideline, ESMP, progress reports, among others.
- Approved all related to contractors’ ESMP, monitoring and progress reports during implementation.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly ESHS monitoring reports for individual projects submitted to NELSAP through LADP Coordinator, that will report to agreed EHS metrics.
- All other reports and documents related to implementation of LADP projects as might be needed from time to time.
Deadline for submission is on 20th October 2021 before 17:00 hours Tanzania time
Only candidates who meet the requirements and are short-listed for the interview – will be contacted.
How to apply:
- Interested Applicants should apply by submitting:
- A cover of letter with statement on applicant’s interest in the given assignment and suitability based on the given ToR to be addressed to:
District Executive Director,
Ngara District Council,
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) including date of birth and nationality.
- Copies of academic & professional training certificates.
APPLY through the email: [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] (In the application letter clearly mark the position you are applying for, example application of LADP Ngara Procurement Officer, etc )