Kilombero Sugar Company Limited (KSCL), the largest producer of sugar in the country operating cohesively with Illovo Distillers Tanzania Limited (IDTL) and a member of Illovo Sugar Africa Limited (Africa’s largest sugar producer). The Company now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill above mentioned position at Kilombero.
We are looking for a young, dynamic and result-oriented person to fill the position of Manager in Training (MIT) in the Company’s Agronomy Section.
The successful candidate will be developed through a special in-house training programme that has been specifically developed to equip trainees with the relevant and necessary agricultural competencies, functional expertise and management skills.
Upon successful completion of the training programme and good performance, candidates may stand a chance to be engaged with the Company on a permanent basis.
The MIT Development Programme is a structured development tool that guides the MIT’s learning pathway as they journey from graduate to manager. This programme is intended to;
- Introduce MIT’s to the Sugar Industry and KSCL
- Provide MIT’s with all the technical, leadership and business exposure required to be a manager in their field of expertise in KSCL once they exit the programme.
- The programme has a ‘technical’ section that builds the competencies required in KSCL in the MIT’s field of expertise e.g. Engineering, Agriculture, Commercial
- Prepare participants for appointment to a permanent position on successful completion of the programme
- Exit the candidate as a competent leader with a solid practical grounding, able to make a significant contribution to achieving company objectives and taking the company successfully into the future.
- To support the transition of the MIT from a learning institution to the world of work
- Connect the MIT to other people in the business
- Develop technical proficiency, business acumen and leadership skills
- Measure individual progress against identified and articulated outcomes
- Provide guided learning where outcomes are known, and learning methods allow flexibility within a structured learning framework
- Provide developmental reviews intended to close gaps where identified
- Encourage continuous improvement, thus allowing for a feedback loop of fresh, innovative thinking back into the business.
- BSc in Agronomy, General Agriculture or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Basic computer literacy
- Effective communication skills both in English and Swahili language
- Leadership skills
- Organization skill
- Creative and innovate
- Team player
- Overall desire to learn and adapt to new concepts
Terms of Service: The successful candidate will be engaged on a fixed term contract as per the duration of the programme.
All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please click here to apply for the position before 05th September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kilombero Sugar Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.
Women and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.