TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communications established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainlands Trunk and Regional Roads Network and Construction of Airports.
Its primary functions include Management of Maintenance and Development Works, Operations of Road Networks and Axle Load Control, Implementation of Road Safety and Environmental Measures, Provision of advice on strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager, TANROADS – Tanga on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following vacancies for Supervision of Handeni – Mafreta Road Project (20KM). The Vacant Posts are as listed hereunder;
POSITION TITTLE: MATERIALS ENGINEER (1 POST)
- Must be a holder of Bachelor Degree in Civil or Material Engineering from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/Colleges;
- Must be Registered with ERB as Professional Engineer;
- A postgraduate qualification in Pavement or Materials Engineering and experience in contract administration under FIDIC/PPRA Condition of contract is an added advantage;
- At least seven (7) years of general experience in Pavement/Materials related to road design and construction;
- Served in a similar Capacity on at least Two (2) projects of road construction similar magnitude in the last ten (10) Years;
- Must be Fluent in English language; and
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete supervision of the laboratory and experiments, to strictly apply the specifications;
- Ensure the implementation of the QA/QC procedures in the project. The entire Quality Check list is to be effectively implemented;
- Inspecting, testing and approving all materials and completed works to ensure compliance with technical specification requirements;
- Ensure the proper, regular and approved calibrations are taking place and on time for all testing equipment in the Laboratories;
- Ensure that the samples test results conform to the specifications and requirements:
- Oversee that all approved material samples inside the samples room on site are organized, properly stored and labeled;
- Ensure that all materials supplied and procured to site conform to the approved samples;
- Prepare daily reports regarding the work, approved samples and the supplied materials, and check inventories besides keeping records for all materials activities in the project;
- Deliver copies of all laboratory tests to the Project Manager at the end of each month to be included in the monthly reports;
- Act as an advisor to the Project Manager regarding the applications of materials used on site in addition to the quality control;
- Direct materials inspectors and check their daily work;
- Identify the non-conforming material and mark it rejected and segregate from the Approved material;
- Evaluate approval options based on quality, cost effectiveness efficiency of service, business standards and other factors for the purpose of meeting or exceeding the required standards;
- Ensure that test result without the signature of performer and checker shall not be accepted; and
- Review test results by Contractor and their respective pavement and materials reports and advise on the way-forward.
MODE OF APPLICATION
All Interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their application letters to the under-mentioned address not later than Monday,19th September, 2022 at 16:30 hours with their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV); Certified copies of all academic and professional certificates; birth certificates; names of three referees inclusive of former employer if any; applicants contact telephone numbers and postal address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants who have worked with Public Institutions particularly with Government and TANROADS and had unsatisfactory records in performance and disciplines shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Application Letters should be submitted to;
The Regional Manager,
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.0. Box 5021,
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 September 2022.