JOB VACANCY – MEDICAL DOCTOR
Title: MEDICAL DOCTOR
Duration: 12 months (Fixed Term Contract) – Full time position (100%)
Starting date: 15/09/2022
Direct Reports: Medical Activity Manager
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)FOR NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Bachelor’s Degree in medicine (Doctor of Medicine) from an institution recognized by the relevant government body in Tanzania
· MUST BE REGISTERED AND ALLOWED TO PRACTISE UNDER MEDICAL COUNCIL OF TANGANIYKA
· Essential 2 years working experience related to the diploma/degree
· Desirable experience in obs and gynae, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general medicine or minor surgical procedures
· Working experience with MSF would be considered as an extra asset
· Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
· Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi will be a plus)
Objectives of the position:
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
· Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
· Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
· Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
· Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
· Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
· Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
· Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Main competencies and knowledge:
· People Management
· Teamwork and Cooperation
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Thursday September 1st 2022 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MEDICAL DOCTOR”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.