Mini importation is one of Tanzania’s most successful Business nowadays. Many people have realized how profitable the importation industry can be and have jumped into action long before now.
Surprisingly, you may Mini Importation Business In Tanzania with as little as Tsh. 5,000,000. It all comes down to how big and successful you want your company to be.
As a result, if you want to start a tiny importation business in Tanzania, you should carefully read and comprehend this post, as well as follow the useful instructions.
What is Mini Importation?
Mini importation is a sophisticated type of small-scale business that allows you to acquire or import items from overseas straight from the producers at a cheap and affordable price. Most micro importation business owners acquire their items from nations such as China and others where various sorts of things are mass-produced, then import to Tanzania and resale to consumers.
Notwithstanding, there are few things you need to have/know before going into mini importation in Tanzania.
- A personal computer or smartphone with a good internet connection
- Valid contact and address details
- Agents to inspect the goods
- Business capital
- Platform to buy the goods
- Platform to sell the goods
Before you venture into the mini importation business, ensure that you have made all the necessary inquiries, get all the aforementioned points ready, and then carefully follow these steps below to get the best guide on how to start mini importation business in Tanzania and sell like a pro.
Steps On How To Start Mini Importaion
1. Products to import
This is, in fact, the most important aspect of your mini importation business. The quality of the items you import will decide your level of success in the business. In order to find out what sorts of things people actually buy these days and whether or not they are sellable, you must conduct some research first.
To make things easier for you, go to any prominent e-commerce website and sort for products that are in great demand by their popularity ranking. The following are some of the product categories that you might be interested in importing. Then, once it is completed, think about how much money you will make from the products when they are sold.
- Clothing products and underwears
- Clothing accessories (shoes, bags, belt, caps, etc)
- Hair wigs and hair products
- Electronic gadgets and appliances
- Computers, mobile phones, and fashion accessories
- Domestic and kitchen utensils
2. A platform to buy
Having decided on what goods to import, the next step is to look out for a platform that you can buy your goods from. The following are the top-recommended marketplace to buy your goods from directly from the manufacturer at a low wholesale price.
3.Find a supplier
One of the pillars of your mini importing business is a reliable supplier. Most suppliers have issues such as poor communication skills and delayed response times, and you would not want to do business with a non-competent provider.
And, in order to prevent getting completely disappointed by a terrible provider, you must carefully seek for a dependable supplier. Here’s how you can go about doing it:
- You need to compare the reviews of other customers who buy from the suppliers that sell on the eCommerce site you plan to buy from and make your choice.
- Since you will be buying your goods from other countries, you have to ensure that your supplier understands and speaks English
- Find out if there is a 24/7 communication channel
- Check the number of completed sales
- Find out if the supplier is into the business for the long haul or just for a moment
- Find out if the supplier responds to query in time
4. Place an order and make payment
This is another critical aspect of your small importing procedure, and it is one of the reasons why you want a dependable provider. Once you’ve decided on the things to purchase and found a reliable source, you’ll need to place an order for the items and pay for them. Payment may be made using either your local account or a dollar account.
Ascertain that you receive a communication from the seller confirming the completion of your transaction and the dispatch of your goods. Take notice of the costs in your local currency, as well as the numerous categories of items such as color, product type, sizes, minimum order, weight, and many more.
5. Product delivery
In the business of mini importation, product delivery comes in two ways. This includes:
- Free Shipping – This method is usually slow but will increase profit as it takes between 14 to 60days but most time it’s usually delivered between 20 to 30days. The service company can be either be China Mail Air Post or Hong Kong Mail services. Also, endeavor to put your phone number. This is because they are always delivered at the nearest post-office close to you. With this, you can be easily contacted whenever your shipment has arrived.
- Premium delivery – Premium deliveries are usually done by DHL, EMS, and FedEx. It is quite expensive compared to free shipping but it is faster and safer. Product deliveries are usually between 3 – 5days
While the free shipping may be free you should know tracking it might not be entirely accurate compared to the premium shipping.
6. Marketing of your products
Now that everything is in place and you are confident that you will receive your products, you must begin promoting them before they arrive. There are various approaches you may take, and they are as follows:
- Social media marketing: Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Ecommerce websites like Jumia and Konga etc
- Word of mouth
Much has been written about the small importation company, and as a newbie, you should be mindful not to start with pricey things. Instead, select inexpensive products that may readily sell and recoup your profit. You may offer presale as time goes on, once you’ve amassed a sizable number of existing consumers. Here, you obtain images of intriguing items from the e-commerce website you utilize and put them on your page for your consumers to preorder.