You will agree with me that education in this generation is becoming more expensive also the impact of education in our society cannot be taken for granted.
The private school’s mission in Tanzania has helped boost morality and academic excellence in many ways at a huge cost, one of which is; giving improved education and also inculcating respect traits to students with their vast learned teachers. This would be the subject of our article as we will outline the most expensive secondary schools in Tanzania.
However, in this same article, we will discuss the expensive secondary schools we have accordingly and their approximated school fees.
I would almost say there’s no difference between studying in these Secondary schools and studying abroad as these schools follow the trait of British schools.
Without further ado, below are the researched list of the 10 most expensive secondary schools in Tanzania right now.
Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Tanzania 2021
Below is our list of the top 10 most expensive secondary schools in Tanzania as of today alongside their estimated tuition + other fees.
- International School of Tanganyika (IST) – TZS 65.5 million
- Braeburn International School – TZS 42.6 million
- Dar es Salaam International Academy (DIA) – TZS 40 million
- Iringa International School (IIS) – TZS 27.4 million
- Constantine’s International School – TZS 22.8 million
- Kennedy House Schools – TZS 22.4 million
- Heaven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) – TZS 21.7 million
- Aga Khan Primary and Secondary School – TZS 20.4 million
- International School of Moshi (ISM) – TZS 17.2 million
- Morogoro International School (MIS)– TZS 17 million
Now that I have given you a list of the top 10 most expensive secondary schools in Tanzania, below I will go further to explain more about these secondary schools their school fees, location, and many more.
So if you want to know which secondary school is the most expensive one in Tanzania, I urge you to continue reading.
1. International School of Tanganyika (IST) – TZS 65.5 million
- Address – PO Box 2651, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Website – www.istafrica.com
The International School of Tanganyika, Dar es salaam (IST) is the most expensive Secondary school in Tanzania. This school is a private school tagged for the rich kids (sarcasm) as they follow the western system of education.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Universities In Tanzania
IST uses the Britain system of learning and also follows all the curriculum and syllabus used by the average Britain high school. Another thing to note is that there is almost no difference in studying abroad when you’re studying in this school.
In a recap, The International School of Tanganyika, Dar es salaam is the most expensive secondary school in Tanzania currently with an approximate tuition fee of TZS 65.5 million.
2. Braeburn International School – TZS 42.6 million
- Address – Africana/Mbezi Beach, off Bagamoyo Road at the Africana Junction, PO Box 31158 – Dar es Salaam
- Website– https://dar.braeburn.com
Braeburn Group of International Schools is the second most Expensive Secondary School in Tanzania and it is also located in Dar es Salaam.
The tuition fees are also paid in dollars but can be approximated in Tanzania Shillings to be 42.6 million annually although, this fee includes their feeding, uniforms, textbooks, etc.
Their subject policy contains the National Curriculum for England requirements with just little modifications to reflect the international setting.
Mere looking at this school, you will find out that it is majorly patronized by foreigners, and of course, there are good numbers of Tanzanians there too.
3. Dar es Salaam International Academy (DIA) – TZS 40 million
- Address – Dar es Salaam Tanzania, East Africa Manara Road, Ada Estate P.O BOX 23282 Fax: 2600-195 e-mail: [email protected]
- Website – diatz.cc
DIA is the third most expensive School in Tanzania. Situated in Dar es Salaam and adopting the IB curriculum, its annual School fees ranges from Sh24.3 million in primary year program to Sh40 million in High School.
4. Iringa International School (IIS) – TZS 27.4 million
- Website – https://iis.ac.tz/contact.html
The Iringa International School (IIS) was founded in 1993. This school is one of the most prominent and well-respected secondary schools in Tanzania especially in the country’s highland region.
IIS tuition fee per annum is summed up at around TZS 27.4. The beforementioned figure includes other smaller fees such as the Application fee, Capital building fee, Annual development fee, and others.
In a recap, this secondary school is mostly for the extremely wealthy people in Tanzania and this clearly explains why they currently have little pupils of about 500 students from Pre-School to Grade 12.
5. St. Constantine’s International School – TZS 22.8 million
Address – St. Constantine International School, PO Box 221, Arusha, Tanzania
- Website – https://scis.sc.tz
This secondary school is one of the most expensive secondary schools in the country right now and registered students in this school are mandated to pay a tuition fee of Tanzanian Shillings 22.8 million as a development fee. In other words, including feeding, school uniforms, hostel, Sunday wear, and textbooks.
6. Kennedy House Schools – TZS 22.4 million
- Nelson Mandela Road, PO Box 350, Usa River, Tanzania
- Website – www.kennedyhouseschool.org
Kennedy House is a welcoming, safe and happy school where children are nurtured and challenged by a modern, relevant and adaptive curriculum. In partnership with parents, they are committed to developing children who are life-long learners, are characterized by their discipline, integrity, creativity and compassion.
Kennedy House schools tuition fees are tagged at around TZS 22.4 million per session. It is important to note that this fee is not just for tuition fees but also covers all other costs needed during the education process.
7. Heaven of Peace Academy (HOPAC) – TZS 21.7 million
Hopac is a Christian International School situated in Dar es salaam, with an annual basic fee ranging from Sh15.5 million in primary level to Sh21.7 million in High School. HOPAC adopts the Cambridge curriculum.
8. Aga Khan Primary and Secondary School – TZS 20.4 million
Aga Khan is the eighth most expensive School in Tanzania it’s situated in Dar es salaam. A student’s annual basic fee ranges from Sh7.2 million in primary to Sh20.4 million in high school. Aga Khan adopts the IB curriculum.
Being that the school is a British curriculum school, they still make sure it incorporates the Tanzanian culture as well.
9. International School of Moshi (ISM) – TZS 17.2 million
ISM is the most expensive School in Moshi; a student’s annual basic fees range from Sh14.5 million in primary to Sh17.2 million in High School. The school adopts the IB curriculum.
ISM tuition fee is Tanzania Shilling 17.2 million per annum for a student. This price includes all costs for living and studying of the student, including clothing, food, textbooks, and other things that may come up.
10. Morogoro International School (MIS)– TZS 17 million
MIS annual basic fee of a student ranges from Sh4.4 million in Kindergarten to Sh17 million in High School. The school is the most expensive in Morogoro. The school adopts the Cambridge curriculum.
Now that we have listed and discuss on the list of the most 10 expensive secondary schools in Tanzania, you will agree with me that these secondary schools discussed in this article are worth their fees.
It is discovered that the product of these schools is the top students in Tanzania overall.
Now over to you, what do you think about these secondary schools? if you were opportune to go for one.