Position: AML Analyst
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 14-Jun-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The AML Analyst is responsible for, inter alia:
• Ensuring efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities.
• Ensure timeous reporting of suspicious transactions to the HOD Risk & Compliance & MLROKey accountabilities and decision ownership
• Investigate and assess alerts for potential sanctions alerts and clear daily logs resulted from transaction monitoring alerts.
• Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions and daily assessment of AML reports for potential suspicious activities.
• Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
• Perform monthly AML risk based review and analysis on individual and business accounts and made recommendations for further review.
• Conduct investigations on cases and alerts produced through M-PESA system or through internal referrals (SAR reviews).
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Knowledge and understanding of International Anti-money laundering efforts and agencies (e.g FATF).
• Knowledge in report writing.
• High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word and excel.
• Solid interpersonal, analytical skills and customer oriented approach.
• Strong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Strong database skills, including working with advanced data sets, pivot tables, advanced database and statistical functions and methods.
• Excellent use of Excel and other analytical tools.
• Ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Professional qualification in Anti Money Laundering will be added advantage.
• At least three (3) years’ experience working as Analyst in AML space in financial or non-financial institutions.
* Provides a high quality of service and ensures work is completed accurately;
* Proactively takes actions to make improvements based on practical experience;
* Provides informal guidance and support to new team members when required;
* Has a thorough knowledge of relevant procedures and processes in the department;
* Uses communication skills to exchange ideas and information in a concise and logical way with sensitivity to the needs and expectations of the audience;
* Uses judgement based on analysis of information and resolves problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience;
* May act as the systems/tools expert.
- Controlling Risk
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management Process
- Risk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.