Contract: One Year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Sightsavers are recruiting for an experienced Programme Officer to manage the daily activities and execution of programmes with assigned partners.
About the role
This exciting role will enhance the quality of Sightsavers programme monitoring and reporting and ensure that all projects are aligned with country policies and Sightsavers’ priorities. Key duties will include:
- Participating in strategic planning processes to successfully drive the direction and delivery of cost-effective services and ensuring objectives are met in line with national policies and Sightsavers’ objectives and goals.
- Providing effective management support, coordination and technical contributions to support the country comprehensive eye care, education, social inclusion and empowerment programmes
- Being the focal person for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and providing support to country teams in developing systems for monitoring and evaluating programmes performance and providing a culture of learning
- Managing all aspects of the project cycle with partners to ensure that effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting and documentation is delivered for each project.
To succeed in this role you will need:
· A degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field (such as Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Development Studies or Public Health and Education).
· Post graduate studies in project planning, monitoring and evaluation; and management is desirable
· Substantial working experience, ideally gained within an NGO environment managing social development-related projects
· Experience of health and social programming in partnership with government
· Extensive programme experience for donor funded budgets preferably in the area of eye health or a demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
· Experience of working with projects managed through partners (Consortium, civil society or government)
· Good understanding and hands on MEL tools and activities (especially project cycle management, log frame and donor reporting)
· Excellent project management skills
· Technical knowledge of two or more of the five leading sub-themes of our programmes – MEL, Social inclusion, Disability mainstreaming, Gender, Research and Project Design and Fundraising.
This Programme Officer role is involved and vital to the ongoing success of our projects. The above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the job description for full details.
Closing date: 2 January 2022
We anticipate that interviews, including a role-specific assessment, will take place in mid-January 2022.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the link below: