For more than 20 years, TechnoServe has been working in Tanzania with farmers, cooperatives, suppliers and processors to strategically develop competitive industries around key crops, including cash crops such as cocoa, horticulture and coffee, and staples such as maize.
We are helping farmers make the transition from subsistence to commercial production, assisting processors to improve operations, and identifying opportunities for investment in agriculture.
Additionally, we are supporting the diversification of Tanzania’s economy through entrepreneurship programs that empower young men and women to create thriving businesses.
TechnoServe is preparing for an anticipated USAID-funded horticulture activity in Tanzania. This exciting opportunity aims to help increase the commercialization, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of horticulture market systems in Tanzania.
One of the positions we anticipate is a Nutrition Advisor.
Key Activities the Nutrition Advisor will be responsible for include:
- Developing the nutrition strategy for the program
- Coordinating with other senior staff on identifying opportunities to integrate nutrition into overall program interventions
- Leading nutrition-sensitive initiatives within broader program interventions, including training staff and partners as necessary, developing Behavior Change Communications materials, and engaging in/inputting into private sector partnership discussions
- Design and implementation of any nutrition-related measurement and assessment, as well as any nutrition-related learning questions
Successful candidates will have:
- A Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or other relevant fields.
- 5-7 years experience in nutrition programming, including development and management of nutrition programs (or specific nutrition-focused interventions within broader programs), with particular focus on nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions
- Familiarity with Behavior Change Communication approaches and best practices with regard to nutrition messaging and other nutrition-related behaviors (such as breastfeeding and WASH)
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and youth issues in agriculture or market systems.
- Experience working in Tanzania and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
Note: This position is contingent upon donor award and approval.