For more than 20 years, TechnoServe has been working in Tanzania with farmers, cooperatives, suppliers and processors to strategically develop competitive industries around key crops, including cash crops such as cocoa, horticulture and coffee, and staples such as maize.
We are helping farmers make the transition from subsistence to commercial production, assisting processors to improve operations, and identifying opportunities for investment in agriculture.
Additionally, we are supporting the diversification of Tanzania’s economy through entrepreneurship programs that empower young men and women to create thriving businesses.
TechnoServe is preparing for an anticipated USAID-funded horticulture activity in Tanzania. This exciting opportunity aims to help increase the commercialization, inclusiveness, and competitiveness of horticulture market systems in Tanzania.
One of the positions we anticipate is an Inclusion Advisor.
Key Activities the Inclusion Advisor will be responsible for include:
- Developing social inclusion strategy for the program
- Coordinate with other senior staff on identifying opportunities to ensure inclusion of women, youth, and other socially excluded groups in overall program interventions
- Lead social inclusion initiatives within broader program interventions, including training staff and partners as necessary, developing gender, youth, and other socially excluded group assessments, developing appropriate tools and resources for social inclusion, and engaging in/inputting into private sector partnership discussions
- Design and implementation of any inclusion-related measurement and assessment, as well as any inclusion-related learning questions
- Preparation of communications materials highlighting relevant social inclusion learnings and successes
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree in gender studies, conflict/peace studies, international relations, nutrition, public health or other relevant fields.
- 5-7 years of professional experience in gender/inclusion programming, including development and management of gender and/or inclusion programs (or specific inclusion-focused interventions within broader programs), with particular focus on inclusion or gender-sensitive agriculture interventions
- Demonstrated ability to ensure gender integration in project design, implementation, and MEL
- Experience working in Tanzania and/or Sub-Saharan Africa
Note: This position is contingent upon donor award and approval.