Parent Sector : Field Office
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Classification of duty station: [[filter12]]
Standard Duration of Assignement : [[filter13]]
Job Family: General Administrative Support
Type of contract : Non Staff
Level : Level 2
Duration of contract : From 1 to 6 months
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 25/11/2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The position falls under the overall authority of the UNESCO DAR Head of Office (HoO) and UNESCO Representative, and the direct supervision of the Head of Office and Representative. This post is in UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office. This post performs a variety of administrative and office support duties to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the Office activities and the flow and management of information within the Head of Office (HoO) and UNESCO Representative office.
– Arranges appointments for the HoO, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls and responds to routine requests for information.
– Reviews, records, distributes, and processes incoming mail; follows up on impending actions; routes information and queries for response as appropriate. Responds or drafts responses to standard/ routine correspondence and other communications. Uses word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports, including formatting more complex letters, reports, technical documents, newsletters, and other material. Proofreads documents and edits texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation, and style, as well as for adherence to established standards for format. Searches, assembles, compiles, and organizes information and reference materials from various sources for reports; creates spreadsheets and presentations; prepares graphs, charts, and other visual aids.
– Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings, committees, conferences etc.; prepares and write invitation letters; compiles and distributes working documents and other material; takes notes of internal meetings; makes travel and hotel arrangements and prepares travel authorizations/ claims for the supervisor and/or the participants; compiles, calculates and prepares cost estimations; prepares standard limited components of budget/ expenditure.
– Performs general administrative tasks (e.g., leave and attendance recording, input, and retrieval of information in the automated systems; budget follow-up etc.).
– Maintains and updates the Office electronic and paper records/files (e.g., information databases, mailing lists, participant lists); classifies and codes material; provides information to colleagues on records management standards and practices; and facilitates file transfers and retrievals.
– Additional activities that may be required to ensure the success of the work team.
• A university degree in Secretarial science, Administration, public relation, and related field.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in the Secretarial field, of which preferably 1 years acquired at international organizations.
• Experience in working with diverse institutions, such as, multi-lateral agencies, and non-government organizations.
Skills and competencies
• Ability to write compelling minute statements, response letters, position papers and information materials.
• Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, website management software).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy.
• Credibility and confidence, with high level organizational skills, involving a wide range of partners (including relevant Government Ministries, donor partners and civil society).
• Experience working with diverse institutions.
• A key requirement in excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver to deadline, as well as work under pressure.
• Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English
• French will be an added advantage
• Fluency in a local language.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Oral and written test may be used in the evaluation of shortlisted candidates.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the e-recruitment application from the following link: (Success Factors Link). Applications are to be submitted to UNESCO via the e-recruitment application portal no later than 25 November 2022 (Midnight EAT).
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.