North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisor to join Brine and Water treatment maintenance team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Mechanical Supervisor tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Mechanical Foreman – Brine & Water Treatment.
- Demonstrate full compliance with the OHS and Environmental Management Systems’ standards.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and audit of the OHS and Environmental Management Standards and ensure own compliance as well as that of department team members
- Execute daily routine work according to policies and procedures within prescribed guidelines with emphasis on quality and quantity of work output.
- Supervise all mechanical planned and corrective maintenance activities, identify problems and implement remedial action.
- Supervise the work of subordinates in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Identify and rectify risks and hazards, maintaining an environmentally friendly working atmosphere.
- Investigate cost saving and productivity improvement within area of responsibility and advice on action plan accordingly.
- Provide leadership to ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry practice and any applicable legislative requirements.
- Manage activities of the Mechanical Maintenance Team to assure safe, cost effective and high quality maintenance activities and to optimize Company’s financial status.
- Ensure that the activities of maintenance personnel are consistently aligned with meeting operational targets by conducting regular inspections and audits specifically checking compliance of established standards and procedures in relation to safety & production issues.
- Ensure that maintenance practices result in maximum mill availability. Meeting or exceeding planned equipment availability is a Key Performance Indicator.
- Lead Mechanical Maintenance personnel to work safely at all times, develop and promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Ensure achievement of optimum and cost effective plant performance and equipment service though active collaboration and planning between Operations, and Maintenance teams.
- Develop and maintain reporting procedures for maintenance, planning and cost reporting.
- Manage workshop facilities, ensuring excellent housekeeping and that tooling is secured, maintained and replaced as required.
- Support the Mechanical Foreman in budgeting and control of maintenance costs. Implement and monitor systems and take corrective action where necessary to ensure that consumable usage and costs remain favourable to budget.
- Support the Process Maintenance Superintendent in development of a long-term maintenance plan, which includes all identified routine, non-routine and probable maintenance work, and capital required to ensure safe and effective performance of the Process Plant on a yearly basis and for Life of Mine.
- Provide input into development of maintenance training packages.
- Provide ongoing training, mentoring and employee performance management, to develop and maintain a safe, competent and results orientated Process Maintenance team, and to ensure that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential.
- Develop and implement Safe Work Procedures and other maintenance procedures. Assist in training of these procedures and ensure they are adhered to.
- Take appropriate action (initiate disciplinary warnings) when substandard performance or behavior of employees is observed.
- Be proactive in all aspects of Process Plant security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by superior.
- A relevant trade qualification in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Experience in systematic coaching and training of employees is essential.
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems, e.g. SAP, is essential
- At least five (5) years working experience in metallurgical plant maintenance
- Reliable, trustworthy and be able to cope with pressure.
- Knowledge in installation and maintenance of pumps, mills, screen, compressors, agitators, belt conveyors etc.
- Excellent knowledge of standards, methods and maintenance procedures of the job.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Medical fitness for the position and environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Valid Tanzanian driver’s license and proficiency in driving light vehicles
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “Mechanical Supervisor – Brine & WTP” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th January, 2022.