North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Storeman to join Maintenance team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Storeman tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Planning Supervisor.
- Receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged and that everything ordered is present and accounted for.
- Liaising with relevant trades with regard to items required for the completion of tasks
- Ensuring all purchase orders reflect where materials are to be utilized and are approved by the relevant Supervisor.
- Issuing of tools and ensure cleanness of the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Ensure practices are followed to enable the site to remain free of hazards
- Monitoring of current stock levels to decide if more should be ordered, as well as organizing existing inventory, for easy and safe accessibility
- Assisting and performing stock checks
- Ensuring the safety and security of the stock. This takes the form of ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place and enforcing Health and Safety rules. This also includes keeping the store clean and tidy.
- Listens, understands and follows work instructions from the supervisor.
- Ensuring the safe loading and unloading of materials onto vehicles and assisting colleagues in this task where necessary.
- Ordinary secondary school education.
- Practical skills in maintenance practices and engineering knowledge
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness.
- Experience in working in a similar role, involving work in stores, driving and yard responsibilities for a minimum of two years, or equivalent experience
- Driving Ability with valid driving license
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of basic Mines Health & Safety Act
- A good knowledge and recognition of building materials is essential.
- A full driving license.
- Computer literate and knowledge of stock systems.
- Good listener and team player.
- Methodical, organized and able to work on own initiative.
- The ability to provide an effective courteous service.
- A flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Good command of written and spoken English communication skills
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th January, 2022.
BEWARE Of Fraudulent activities! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.