(The below business group introduction text should not be edited; remove this observation once having finalized the job description)
The Global Services business group deploys, supports and operates communication service providers’ (CSP) and enterprise networks. This includes network infrastructure services and professional services for mobile networks and managed operations for fixed, mobile, IP and optical domains.
Nokia is also leading new growth areas including network cognitive services and analytics, public sector networks, energy and transport markets and our Worldwide IoT Network Grid (WING) which provides seamless connectivity across geographical borders and technologies.
OSS Operation and maintenance.
Plans and perfo rms technical activities to service the customer independently directly or through customer interface.
Main Responsibility Area
OSS Administration provides management of the OSS user accounts, maintenance and upgrading of the OSS SW/HW and associated networks, e.g. DCN
Main Network Elements supported
PS Core NMS
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Organizes OSS Maintenance & Upgrades
- Creates and Maintains Network Management Systems (NMS) Users
- Analyses performance of OSS
- Resolves OSS Platform and DCN problems
- Maintains OSS servers, workstations and firewalls
- Maintains & Upgrades OSS
- Backs up OSS SW for system recovery
- Supports development of the OSS architecture
- Supports NO organization on user access matters
- Supports Job order and other MS IT tools
Deliverables / Performance Measures (Goals and targets to be achieved
P roviding Technical support for complex Multi-vendor and 3 rd party OSS Applications (Analysis, Troubleshooting & fixing the issues reported) on the applications already deployed to end customer/user.
- Ability to take independent initiatives, Engage with Customers, learning and ability to fit seamlessly into any team.
- Strong domain knowledge in OSS Platforms and Applications with hands-on experience in supporting and managing Customer OSS Applications and Tools
- Hands on working experience in Netact application with experience in Telecom & strong in telecom concepts.
- Remote case handling and software change management, node integration on OSS system
- Ensure interworking of OSS applications to multiple network Element are connected (eg. PS element, CS element, RAN, BSS, Messaging Box) and all functions are working well (alarm sync, PM data sync, configuration Management etc.)
- Troubleshoot system management, fault management, configuration management and performance management issues. Executing system health check & preventive maintenance task on different EMS/NMS
- Should support and guide project from operation end
- additional requirement of experience in Multivendor applications – convey requirements and delegate, problem solving quickly
- Analytical skills to Analyze tickets and isolate the problem reported
- Fix the issue and provide suggested workaround solution.
- Escalation of issue to Vendor/Customer for which resolution or workaround isn’t available and provide the issue description, logs, findings and troubleshooting steps carried out.
- Outage handling and communication management with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to adopt new technologies in short period.
- Should be able to mentor, guide and train junior team members
Desired Skills, Experience and character
- 5 years or more experience
- Extensive experienced as Nokia and other vendors NMS back office engineer.
- System Administration of Linux/VMware environment.
- Experience in OS like Linux, Windows
- Shell scripting + SQL scripting, unix shell + some windows based programming will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of IP/Routers/Switches etc
- Experience in RDBMS like Oracle, MySQL, Sybase etc
- Basic understanding of Telecom Network
- Basic understanding of IP Network
- Experience with trouble ticket tools and process
- Good knowledge in operating systems.
- Good knowledge of shell scripting.
- Good Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to adapt to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical and conceptual thinking, problem solving ability
- Collaboration skills
- End user / Customer service orientation
- Integrity and credibility.
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate other
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves.
Managed Services – Managed Services Delivery Manager
Middle East & Africa-Tanzania, United Republic of-Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam