PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
The Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) works closely with National Malaria Control programs in Africa to strengthen data systems and data use to better inform strategies and targeting of resources to reduce burden.
Key components of this work are to generate evidence on novel and existing malaria control and elimination approaches to guide decision-makers, and to work with donors to ensure the resources needed to implement these interventions are available.
PATH is seeking a full-time Impact Evaluation and Data Associate to join the MACEPA program.
The Associate will work with various types of malaria data, conducting impact evaluations of programmatic interventions and analyses of ongoing operational research studies, towards producing key analyses, reports and visualization products to inform national malaria control and elimination strategies.
The ideal candidate should possess experience in malaria epidemiology and strong data skills, including data management, analysis, and visualization.
The person will work with a range of datasets including epidemiological, entomological, program implementation, intervention coverage, and climate datasets to produce integrated datasets.
The person will be working on the research and data analytics components of the MACEPA project. Responsibilities will include:
- Work with PATH global and country-based research and program staff to identify and prioritize key evaluation questions and data use cases for malaria control and elimination strategy and planning.
- Work with PATH global research and data teams to design data analysis studies to answer key evaluation questions.
- Access and manage relevant malaria datasets for prioritized studies and analyses.
- Prepare and manage datasets, including relevant covariates, for analysis and visualization.
- Conduct data analysis, including descriptive, regression, and time series analysis, to answer prioritized evaluation questions.
- Create charts, maps, tables and other infographics to summarize key findings.
- Create research reports and briefs designed to inform decision-making.
- Establish and maintain routine communication with PATH global and country-based staff and relevant stakeholders to assess data use cases and develop data visualization formats.
- Plan and co-lead national data use and impact evaluation workshops to build capacity in data access and use for decision-making.
- Contribute to global dissemination of project learning and products including reports, presentations, and peer-reviewed publications.
- Advanced degree in public health, GIS, epidemiology, or biostatistics
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in public health data management, analysis and visualization
- Strong data management and analysis skills using Excel (required) and statistical packages (Stata, R)
- Skills and experience with data visualization, including geospatial visualization
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with colleagues, partner organizations, national and international stakeholders, local institutions, and personnel at all levels
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Ability to travel internationally, estimated at 20 percent
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. or the PATH country office location
Preferred candidates will have:
- Experience working with global health organizations in LMICs
- Experience with impact evaluation statistical methods
- Experience developing visualizations using Tableau
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in malaria control including global strategy guidance and policy documents, and key indicators
- Experience assessing use cases to drive data use for decision-making, preferably at national level in sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience developing data dashboards
- Experience with workshops/trainings to promote data use for policy and strategy
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationDRC, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, ZambiaCompany LocationAfrica – Any existing PATH Africa OfficePosition TypeFull-Time/Regular