Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Title: Pharmacy Store Keeper
Direct Reports: PHARMACY SUPERVISOR
Location: LIWALE – LINDI
Execute the pharmacy/medical warehouse storing activities in order to keep pharmacy stock above security level and following recommended conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.) under the supervision of the Medical Warehouse Pharmacy Supervisor, and in collaboration with the logistics team.
- Supervising material orders and dispatching in order to ensure rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them, and stores materials in accordance with the system in force, in order to ensure continuous availability. It includes:
- Ensuring good storage conditions of all medical items in the pharmacy in accordance with pharmaceutical standards in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensuring correct fill in entries on the stock cards and software.
- Carrying out or participating in regular inventories including EPREP stock. If available in the project
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months.
- Preparing orders of the different consumption units (departments, wards, others), ensuring proper packaging and dispatching and reporting any anomalies or changes in consumption patterns to the Pharmacy Supervisor. Informing Pharmacy Supervisor as soon as stock reaches alert limit.
- Controlling warehouse facilities in order to ensure materials are kept in good keeping conditions, it includes: e.g. Monitoring temperature in the warehouse and ensuring that products requiring cold chain are suitably stored, and prepared and transported appropriately according to MSF Supply and Cold Chain protocols.
- Ensuring cleanliness of premises (stock pharmacy) and in close collaboration with the logistics department, maintaining refrigerating equipment.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regards to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse.
- Ensuring that items to be quarantined (on-going quality alerts) or to be placed in quarantine zone (batch recalls, expired or damaged items) are removed from the stock and safely locked.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out, expiry dates and drugs to expire in the following 6 months. Preparing reports and passing it to the supervisor.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Certificate of Phamarcy “Certificate-Pharmaceutical assistant”
- Minimum of 2 years experience in related position
- MSF experience desired or previous experience working with NGOs.
o Knowledge of both English and Swhili is desired
Competences and main skills:
o Essential knowledge working with MS Office packages
o Essential planning and organising skills
o Results and quality oriented with good stress management
o Ability to work in a team with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
o Commitment, flexibility and agility.
o Service oriented
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday Sept 14th 2022 at 4:00 PM . Please quote the job title on the email subject “PHAMARCY STORE KEEPER”.
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]. The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Mikocheni B, Daima street House no 16 Dar es Salaam, or in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District or MSF Guest House Kibondo or Navikubo Executive Lodge & Retaurant P.o.Box 97 Liwale Lindi.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted