The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates.
The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
Plant IT Business Service Manager
DCP – Finance & IT Mtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic of Full time TanzaniaIT001
This position leads the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs. Defines and documents internal and external user interfaces and supports system and data requirement clarification and definition. Also, acting as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for platform applications, infrastructure, and systems. In addition, the job will entail working with internal systems, applications and integrating them across the enterprise.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- replace parts as required
- provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- support the roll-out of new applications
- set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals
- test and evaluate new technology
- conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Manage technology services that meet operational requirements in designated area(s) of the Plant
- Serves as the lead IT liaison with senior administration, Departments, and staff in designated area(s) to understand and interpret client needs at a division level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Directs and coordinates the local implementation of Plant IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
- Review’s vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Delivers appropriate personnel actions and educational and training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Direct the requirements development for applying technology to satisfy business needs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details
- Work with functional leads (Operations, Sales & Marketing, and Corporate Services) to transform and develop new requirements across the enterprise including design and implementation.
- Interface with staff developing strategy as technical advisor for new functionality across infrastructure, systems, application exchange, releases, and upgrades
- Interface with vendor partners and design optimal solutions
- Develop, maintain, and perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Document changes to the design and implementation of enterprise-wide infrastructure, systems, and applications
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs.
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed (e.g., additional training sessions, communication, system modifications, etc.)
- Work with HOIT to understand technology strategy with a view to ensuring alignment and deployment across the enterprise.
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure effective training of users regarding all aspects of use of IT facilities
- Establish and maintain structures and procedures to provide timely, effective, and efficient user support
- Develop a world class team and plan their career development and succession into business facing roles.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s in information technology related field of study.
- 5-7 years’ experience
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- PRINCE 2 OR PMP certification an added advantage
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
Skills and Behaviours
- Technical skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- A meticulous and methodical nature
- A logical mind
- Capable of working well under pressure
- Enthusiasm to be continually learning.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pay Off Time
- Training and Development
MODE OF APPLICATION: