Position: Preventive Maintenance Inspector
Reporting to: Head of Inspection
- The role focuses at managing operational risk, by means of eliminating or mitigating failures and conditions initiating and driving failure on all business-critical equipment, thus increasing operational efficiency, and mitigating negative impact on the business. Principal Accountabilities
- Carries out all routine and ad hoc CBM-Condition Based Maintenance, PdM-Predictive Maintenance and Precision Maintenance measurements on all business-critical equipment, by performing precision data collection, using advanced portable data collectors and other tools in accordance to established standards and as per business-critical equipment.
- Carries out extensive analysis, diagnoses and provide a prognosis on conditions and failures affecting cost and efficient performance of the business-critical equipment, by using the CBM and PdM precision data collected in according to established standards and as per business-critical equipment requirements
- Assist in developing formal technical reports and updating the equipment replacement strategy, by providing precision measurements, analysis, diagnosis and prognosis of failure mechanisms and conditions on components of business-critical equipment
- Participates in reliability improvement programs and roots cause failure analysis process of equipment as per requirement
- Performs workshop & field balancing, shaft laser alignment of rotating machines and laser straightness and flatness measurements
- Maintain data in PMMS-Preventive Management system, CMMS-Computerised Maintenance Management System and various CBM and Precision Maintenance Technique Databases.
- Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at the area of responsibility
- Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, and identity and manage environmental aspects that impact your area
- Any other duties as may be assigned Education
- FTC/Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Registered with Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
- Must have CAT I, CAT II or above, Certified vibration analyst
Knowledge and Specific Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ maintenance experience in cement or equivalent industry.
- Knowledge of high-speed complex rotating equipment and their maintenance techniques, repairs, diagnostics and fault analysis, practical knowledge in computers especially MS Suite; failure mechanism & risk analysis; practical knowledge of CMMS systems like SAP; fluent in English; analytical; abstract thinking & perseverance.
Salary and Benefits
The Company offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience
How to Apply
Send your CV and copies of relevant certificates to [email protected] , on or before Monday 5th September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity.