The Tanzania Red Cross Society is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania 2019.
It is mandated to play specific voluntary humanitarian roles during disasters/emergencies, and peacetime as an auxiliary organ to the public authorities.
Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office are located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
Around 40% are women of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, PACT and Pathfinder International
- Implement implementation of procurement plan
- Coordinate preparation of procurement contracts
- Advise on implementation on contracts and audits
- Advise on matters pertaining to the procurement, disposal by tender procedures and logistics management;
- Ensure adherence to procurement process and procedures as per Public Procurement Act;
- Prepare and issue approved contracts documents and supervise its execution
- Prepare and recommend useful way on procurement based on actual needs
- Coordinate procurement education to Employees
- Maintain and archive records of the procurement and disposal process;
- Carry out other duties related to his/her field as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Coordinate transport services of the National Society and supervise activities of National Society drivers.
- Ensure that spares for National Society vehicles are timely available.
- Plan maintenance schedules for National Society vehicles
- Make follow up on motor vehicle accidents and submits claims to the Insurance TRCS for compensation
- Make follow up on repairs and maintenance of National Society vehicles Arrange oral and practical interviews of drivers.
- Check log books regularly
- Make sure fuel consumption corresponds with mileage.
- Make follow up on traffic cases in collaboration with the legal officer
- Make follow up on registration and insurance of new National Society vehicles
- Guide all junior staff on matters relating to storekeeping;
- Check and carry out reconciliation of all transactions in stores accounting documents and registers;
- Authorize the receipts of goods and confirming its quantity and quality
- Prepare purchase requisitions/orders upon approval by his/her supervisor
- Participate in preparation and implementation of the annual procurement and disposal plans
- Prepare procurement plan performs any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Holder of Master Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management, Material Management, Logistics Management or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions is required.
- Must be registered with Procurement and Supplies Professional and Technicians Board(PSPTB) with Professional certification (CSP/CPSP)
- Working experience in a related field for at least Five (5) years
- Experience working with a busy and reputable humanitarian organization especially is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, as well as a strong credibility and integrity in this domain
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you meet the criteria given above and are interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter, updated CV and certificates combined as one PDF to Secretary General, Tanzania Red Cross Society, P. O. Box 1133, Dar Es Salaam by filling the following online online form – https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/5uwKuYZ2 (Copy this link and paste on your browser). Direct application through mail or hand delivery will not be accepted
When filling the form clearly mention the job position that you are applying for as it appears in this advertisement. Your application must be received by 16.00 hours of 4th September 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and therefore qualified women are highly encouraged to apply.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process and selection process. TRCS also uses our official email an with extension of (@trcs.or.tz) not Gmail, Yahoo or any other email.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through the Official Email: [email protected].