Join us in our efforts to end the HIV epidemic in Tanzania. Be part of the winning team to advance global health and save the lives of people living with HIV.
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc. Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non-profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).
PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone.
The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for antiretroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services.
HJFMRI-T currently operates in four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, which are Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe, and Ruvuma region for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) intervention. The program also supports TPDF in implementing comprehensive HIV prevention
|Job Title:||Procurement Specialist (1 Position)|
|Reports to:||Procurement Manager|
|Location:||Dar es Salaam|
The procurement specialist is responsible for purchasing goods and services that meet the needs, preferences, and capacities of all key HJFMRI’s stakeholders. The position analyses cost, negotiate contract details, offer strategies and solution to help HJFMRI better manage costs on supplies and vendor services to ensure successful implementation of PEPFAR Program work in Tanzania.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage Purchase Requisitions (PRs), from receipt of PR, sourcing qualified vendors (due diligence), floating request for quotations or proposal, evaluation of offers, creation and issuing of Purchase Order (PO) or contract award to delivery, payment, vendor performance appraisal and PO/contract closure.
- Assist user departments to develop procurement plan and manage its execution,
- Perform vendor/suppliers’ pre-qualifications process including vendor’s due diligence and maintain a pool of competent, reliable service providers,
- Negotiate and draft contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with HJFMRI’s procurement SOPs, country and donor laws, and regulations, o Provide advice on how HJFMRI can achieve procurement efficiency and effectively manage procurement risks.
- Develop and maintain vendors’ relationships,
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products and maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Receive and analyze purchase requests from user departments to determine the appropriate method of procurement i.e., quotation, tender and RFP.
- Liaise with user departments to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered and help user departments, when required for the same,
- Source quotations and tenders from potential and preferred vendors,
- Issue addendum to quotations, tenders and proposals as required.
- Follow up with vendors and expedite where necessary to ensure timely delivery of requested goods/ consignment.
- Verify the documents received from vendors for authenticity and accuracy before payment processing,
- Process and follow up advertisement of program positions and RFPs/ITBs.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the supply market for all HJFMRI-T supplies and services,
- Manage constructive business relationship with suppliers and other supply chain stakeholders,
- Manage supply risk by anticipating demand, review supply market and developing supplier’s contingency plan.
- Perform costs benefit analysis on procurement of equipment versus leasing option and provide proper advice to procurement manager on economic model to adopt,
- Negotiate best deals with the vendors for program costs control and cost management,
- Perform supplier performance appraisal to maintain best performance and delist nonperformance vendors.
- Process / file Tax exemption/reimbursement with relevant authorities including VAT and import duties for imported goods and local supplies,
- Prepare weekly procurement reports and any other highlights.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
- Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain management,
- ClPS or CPSP preferred.
- Minimum of three years working experience in similar organization.
- Demonstrate high integrity and strong values, including confidentiality.
- Analytical, problem solving and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet and communicate schedules and deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Demonstrate exceptional professional judgment.
- Excellent communication, relationship, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to build and maintain sound relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure and have minimum supervision.
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
- Ability to manage and coordinate procurement activities.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team.
- Meticulous, resourceful and customer service oriented.
- Highly organized and a strong negotiator.
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to Senior Manager, Human Resources, through [email protected].
NOTE: To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. Applications ° that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for applying is November 26,2022. As detailed in the job description below, those who do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer.