From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role.
It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Key Responsibilities and Output
- Being 100% focused on the EDGE SFA delivery through pre, during and post deployment.
- Work closely with the leads of the other Execution workstreams and Execution commercial lead to ensure all independencies are understood and planned in line with delivery timelines.
- Having a robust understanding of the Field Sales force processes, challenges and opportunities in order to help prioritize key SFA functionality Identify areas of SFA improvement
- Decision Maker on market prioritization for deployment
- Decision Maker on market functionality requirements and priorities that inform Global Product sprints
- Share the from and to with stakeholders and other in Market Execution Leads, including functionality roadmap.
- Play a key role in change management of the business, providing insight and thought into the materials, communications and training required to launch SFA successfully among the sales force.
- Responsible for embedding the new technology and supporting the new ways of working the field teams will adapt.
- Work closely with the Commercial Data Lead to identify
- Identifying test users and pilot group who will form a key part of the deployment of the new SFA app.
- Organize in market User acceptance testing in a time frame that allows bugs to be fixed without delaying full deployment
- A sales leader who has a proven ability to deliver results and either drive transformation through the organization or manage and lead projects.
- Commercially experienced with robust knowledge of the how the field sales force operate.
- Ability to drive change, challenge and deliver under tight and ambitious timescales.
- Well organized with a good network or understanding of commercial and support functions within the business.
- A problem solver; restless & agile – lives and breathes implementation