Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) | East is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) that helps national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of five targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminths, and trachoma.
Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) program assistant will support Act | East program through assisting HSS activities implementation for Tanzania Neglected Tropical Diseases Control Program (TNTDCP). HSS program assistant will ensure smooth running of all HSS activities and maintain linkage across all NTD technical areas while maintaining good communication with Tanzania Neglected Tropical diseases and HSS RTI partners. He/she will report to the HSS advisor.
Location: Dar es Salaam
- Support HSS Advisor in efforts to mainstream NTD activities into national and district-level health systems.
- Work with HSS Advisor in identifying HSS needs for the TZNTDCP through analysis of program data, in country and global HSS related HSS policies and guidelines
- Assist HSS in preparation and coordination of workshops and meetings including compilation of reports.
- Monitor annual work plan implementation in collaboration with NTDCP HSS focal person
- Coordinate the linkage of HSS and other technical areas within RTI and NTDCP
- In collaboration with HSS Advisor, She/he will also ensure successful implementation of HSS activities, ensure best practices and lessons learned are captured and disseminated across the project and other relevant platforms.
- Perform other duties related to HSS as assigned by the HSS Advisor
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Master’s degree with 1 year of experience or bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in Health systems, policy, public health or related fields.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to travel to the field up to 20% of the time
- Proven experience in working collaboratively with Tanzanian government units at all levels as well as local NGOs is preferred.
- Ability to successfully work within a team, have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple, high-pressure tasks.
- Fluent in English and have strong interpersonal skills, cultural awareness and the ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse professional and social backgrounds with a service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with international development organizations, with its systems and policies
- High degree of professionalism and discretion