Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely; -Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma.
It serves a catchment’s population of over 14 million people. Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitably Tanzanians to fill the following vacancy.
PROJECT ACCOUNTANT -1 POST
Bachelor degree in Accounting, finance or business administration; Any relevant training in financial accounting, auditing, taxation, business law and business management; Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Words and Power point) is a must and experience in using SAP software is advantageous; Experience of five years in managing donor funded program.
Must have work experience of at least five (5) years in a related field from a reputable organization of which two (2) years must be served at a Managerial level.
G. Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in accordance with the BMC financial manual, partner agreements, BMC internal audit controls, and financial checklist in close liaison with CBM Operations team, Administration and Accounts Office
- To prepare annual financial budgets and monitor expenditure against the approved budgets.
- Ensuring that the BMC submit timely and quality Financial Reports on a quarterly basis or as per agreed reporting schedule, annual audit and financial statement reports.
- Participate in preparing and managing the financial risk of the Project
- Prepare the BMC project payroll, and ensure tax calculations, social security and other statutory contribution are made in line with relevant BMC internal and national regulations
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- As a member of the procurement committees, ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
- Control and maintain a BMC country asset register and inventory, in line with BMC or donor requirements, as applicable. Plan and execute the asset verification on a quarterly basis and update the register. Report on any variances.
- Organize and manage the annual audit of BMC accounts and prepare, manage and implement follow-up plans based on given recommendations.
- In charge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with BMC procedures and standards.
- To process all payments (cash and bank) for the Project ensuring that they are properly approved by the Authority.
- To reconcile all ledgers, cash & banks and payroll to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
- To ensure that travel claims are well prepared and supported and prepare adjusting journals.
- Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported.
- Monitor costs versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with potential budget holder. Term of engagement: Two years renewable contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Letter of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to ;
Bugando Medical Centre
Submit the application documents in PDF format to email address; [email protected]
The deadline for submissions of applications is 14th September, 2022 at 18:00 pm. This advertisement is also available through the hospital website www.bugandomedicalcentre.go.tz