Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Contract: 12 Month Internship
Hours: Full time 35 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for a Project Finance Intern to support management and oversight with day-to-day project finance administration, information management, and all related grants management for the effectiveness of the CBP project.
As the Project Finance Intern you will prepare payment vouchers in accordance with the laid down procedures of the Organization and assign them clear expenditure codes lines, check the correctness of project team travel advances and retirements ensuring that they are well supported for further authorisation, and work with the Programme team to ensure financial reports, as per agreed schedules, are received promptly by the Country Office for reviews.
Further duties include;
- Prepare all cash requests and financial reports for the programme in ensuring consistency with approved budgets.
- On monthly basis track status of project implementation (both finance and programme) regarding donor compliance, documentation, learning and sharing. Report the same to Finance and Support Services Officer for review and further sharing.
- Participate and assist into the monthly management reporting for reviews by Finance and Support Services Officer and approval by Finance and Support Services Manager.
- Assist in the data entry of financial transactions – Payments vouchers, approved journal vouchers, petty cash vouchers and receipt journal vouchers on timely manner.
- Ensure proper record keeping/filing of financial documentation in compliance with Sightsavers Financial Framework.
- Provide administrative support and ensure all project documents are properly recorded in respective files.
- Develop and maintain good public relations with partners, external suppliers, all service providers and all interested parties to Sightsavers Tanzania.
As the successful Intern you will posses a degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or relevant fields, and at least recognised level one accounting qualification (e.g. CPA 1).
Further requirements include;
- Programme finance and project management background or experience.
- Excellent Computer literacy – Microsoft Word & Excel, Accounting Packages, Global ICT Communication systems.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements, please read the job description for further details.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place during the week commencing 26 September and the evaluation process will include an oral interview at our Tanzania country office.
Closing date: 19 September 2022