The Macroeconomic and Financial Management Institute of Eastern and Southern Africa (MEFMI) is a regionally owned Institute with 14 member countries, currently: Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Eswatini, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda. Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Established in 1997, MEFMI was founded with the view to building sustainable capacity in identified key areas in ministries of finance, planning commissions and central banks, or equivalent institutions.
MEFMI strives to improve sustainable human and institutional capacity in the critical areas of macroeconomic and financial management; foster best practices in related institutions; and bring emerging risks and opportunities to the fore among executive level officials.
MEFMI seeks to achieve, within its member countries, prudent macroeconomic management, competent and efficient management of public finances, sound, efficient and stable financial sectors and stable economies with strong and sustained growth. The MEFMI Secretariat is based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of MEFMI member countries to fill the position of Public Relations Manager.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Public Relations (PR) Manager is responsible for. among other duties, managing and overseeing the Institute’s PR activities, developing and implementing publicity strategies to boost MEFMI brand visibility and maintaining the Institute’s presence on various media platforms. The Manager works closely with all MEFMI Programmes and Departments to ensure cohesion and consistency in brand communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas
- Prepare MEFMI publications for dissemination to staff, member countries and other relevant stakeholders;
- Provide administrative services, plan, coordinate and accurately document and disseminate the record of proceedings of all Governance meetings;
- Manage the backend of the MEFMI website and twitter handle, supervise material published on the interactive platforms;
- Coordinate the preparation of the MEFMI annual work programme, annual report and all other literature produced by the Institute; and
- Conduct and coordinate eveuts/activities that promote MEFMI brand visibility.
The applicant must possess a Master’s Degree in Mass Communications / Public Relations / International Relations.
- At least 5-10 years progressive experience in Publishing and Public Relations;
- At least 5-10 years progressive experience in coordinating high level meetings;
- Demonstrable understanding of handling communication issues in a multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrable hands-on skills in communication, both verbal and written;
- Ability to arrange, coordinate, facilitate capacity building activities in the area of public relations and customer care, among others; and
- Work experience in international or regional organisations will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Excellent qualitative, quantitative and analytical skills;
- Diversity orientation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Effective networking skills;
- Cooperation, team spirit and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability and willingness to collaborate; and
- Ability to work long hours; and
- Workmg knowledge of both English and Portuguese will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a fixed term contract of three (3) years, renewable subject to performance. On offer is an attractive remuneration package which includes a tax free salary paid in lTS dollars which is competitive with other similar organisations.
Location and Language
The position is located at the Institute’s Secretariat in Harare, Zimbabwe and the official language of the Institute is English.
Applications should be submitted by 9 September 2022.
MEFMI is an equal opportunity employer and both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your applications to [email protected]. Applicants are requested to only email their updated CV and cover letter (no certificates). No hard copies will be entertained.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.