So today we’re going to assist you in creating an enticing job description for a receptionist position. This Receptionist Job Description will assist you in understanding how to construct an engaging job description for a receptionist function on your own.
Unlike other job profiles where employers are less delighted by talkative people, a talkative receptionist with a cheerful face is the first pick of all employers. So, if you’re outgoing and chatty, a career as a receptionist could be a good fit for you.
A receptionist’s principal responsibility is to meet and welcome visitors to the office and to provide them with appropriate assistance. Aside from that, the receptionist informs corporate authorities about the arrival of guests and manages the telephone system.
In today’s post, we’ll discuss the different roles and responsibilities of a receptionist, the skills and education required for the position, and the salary perks. So, let’s start with the receptionist’s job and responsibilities.
A Sample of Office Receptionist Job Description
Office Receptionist Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Welcoming & greeting guest who visits office & assist them appropriately.
- Informing office officials about the visitors.
- Maintaining employee & department directories.
- Taking phone calls & forwarding the same to appropriate persons.
- Maintain a healthy working environment at receptions by following appropriate rules & regulation.
- Sorting & distributing mails.
- Booking meetings.
- Receiving couriers.
Skills Required for Receptionist Role
The following skills are desirable for an office receptionist profile.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Must have good command on spoken English.
- Should have good telephonic etiquette.
- Should be a good listener.
- Should posses good command on MS Office Suites.
- Should be able to work under pressure & deadline.
Although there is no set qualification is required for an office receptionist role but employer prefer at least a graduate degree.
The Career Growth Path
You may think what could be the growth path if you join as a receptionist in any organization. There are ample amount of opportunities within the organization if you start as a receptionist. You have a good chance to enter into admin department and to climb the ladder of success. Do you know HP CEO was a receptionist when she started her career? so don’t worry about the growth.
This job has a decent amount of salary. in the Tanzania, receptionist are getting a whooping of 450,000 to 1,00,000 Tanzania Shillings based on their experience.
So what are you thinking about tight your shoe lases and get up to hunt a job an office assistant. If you have any other query related to how to write Office Receptionist Job Description feel free to contact us.