Job Location :
Responsible for growing both Chinese portfolio of Liabilities (Deposits) and Assets from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), advising the Business Banking department on business strategy, assisting SME Business Bankers /Relationship Officers/Branch Managers in recruiting business customers to ensure SME business growth.
- Actively selling SME deposits, lending, and cross selling of other banks products to Chinese clients (Forex, Fund Transfer, Internet Banking etc.)
- Appraise Chinese SME credit applications above the SME Business Banker limit from branches and provide recommendations for decision making
- Take a leading role in driving Chinese SME activity, through networking and promoting SME activity with SME Relationship officers and branch managers.
- Actively build the capacity of the SME Business Bankers through on-going mentoring and support to ensure quality credit application and Business Growth.
- Monitor and review the SME Business Bankers performance to ensure that the targets are met.
- Review with Relationship Officer client feedback, market intelligence, workshops/focus group reports and review product design and performance to establish if change, redesign, or re-launch is appropriate.
- Co-ordinate budget objectives of the responsibility area on the SME products to ensure targets are achieved as per approved budget.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction for the SME is achieved by providing accurate advice for selling in line with customers’ expectations.
- Preparing budget and projections for the SME loan and deposit products. The budget to include the list of existing, prospective, and potential customers to benefit from the loan and deposit products
Knowledge and Skills:
- Credit analysis skills.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Sound understanding of the bank’s loan products, policies, and procedures
- Good understanding of Chinese Culture
- Conversant with standard computer applications (Excel, Word, and Access).
- Good communication with high proficiency in the use of Chinese, English and Kiswahili
- Good business management, leadership, coaching, and team building skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Accounting, banking and or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in Retail Banking (SME Business)
- Experience working with Chinese customers or managing Chinese clients is a mustNMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 9 September 2022.