Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Safety Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Safety Coordinator
- Ensure administration and management of the health & safety management in a section, attends general issues that are received, redirecting queries to members of the health and safety team as required.
- Follow up on Health & Safety training records, assist with course registration, issuing certificates as required.
- Process of accident / incident forms, PTO’s, WPI, SLI, inspection and updating spreadsheets, follow up actions as required
- Ensure a timely, accurate and efficient preparation and management of documents, control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by the departments.
- Maintain quality assurance of all outgoing documentation, track, transmit and accurately file hard copy and electronic documents.
- Coordinate multi-office and work-sharing information in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive filling system and computer database / system (ISOMETRIX System) for all documents to be retained in the documentation in a control centre.
- Ensure that department documents are well managed, organizing an archiving system, retrieving documents upon request, and outlining a long-term storage strategy.
- Manage the operation of the document control centre to ensure that all users have the latest version of appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Organize and maintain a document control system, team meetings, solve safety issues, coordinate audits, and inspections, track corrective actions and incident data, review important safety documents and other duties that require a high degree of attention to detail.
- Assist in to make improvement and implement required changes relation to health and safety.
- Ensure compliance to applicable codes, legislation and procedures including health and safety
- Responsibly use resources and control expenses to match budgeted controls
- Interact and cooperate with all department members and ensuring support in filling and documenting work-related documents.
- Promote a positive culture of health and safety in the workplace.
- Perform any other duties that may be required from time to time as directed by your supervisor / Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Certificate / Diploma in office administration
- Relevant training certification to deliver role requirements
- Three years administration, document control and office work experience
- Any Health and Safety related qualifications
- Valid Driving License