TGNP has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond.
Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions.
Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfil its mandate and in line with the expansion of organizational activities in the country, TGNP is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant positions existing within the organization:
Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
The Senior Programme Officer: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for Developing and coordinating MEL activities across all levels of the programme, including: Developing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) framework for the programme, ensuring data systems are updated/improved to measure progress against the programme log-frame indicators.
• Coordinating designing and implementation monitoring, evaluation and learning plans including design of data collection tools, training of users in the use of the tools and data analysis
• Coordinate computerization of MEL plans and systems to facilitate data storage, retrieval and utilization.
• Develop and implement the programme and projects’ monitoring and evaluation process, capturing project outcomes/impact and lessons learned and use this information to improve project implementation.
• Oversee the IT and designing and implementation of organizational Data Management Systems related to MEL to support decision making and programme delivery.
• Contribute to the Learning outcomes as per the organizational and donor requirements.
• Staff Management: Providing leadership, expert guidance and support and motivation to the team.
• Identifying priority and data gaps (qualitative and quantitative) define key variables to be tracked in monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting to produce evidence-based reporting on results achieved and how the organization should adapt for best results and outcome sustainability.
• Producing regular reports on MEL plan and budget implementation.
• Facilitating internal and external project evaluations, reporting and dissemination on outcomes of such evaluation.
Key qualifications and Experience
A minimum of bachelor’s social sciences, degree in Statistics, demographics, education, or related M&E field with minimum of 4 years’ experience. Strong experience in monitoring and evaluation of complex social change processes, both qualitative and quantitative aspects and Data Quality Assessment is an added advantage.
• Effective verbal listening and communication skills
• Ability to prepare reports, proposals, policies and procedures
• Effective Public Relation skills and public speaking skills
• Good communications and writing skills, public speaking and presentation ability.
• Strong interpersonal skill.
• Knowledge of NGOs work and understanding of feminism/gender and development will be an added advantage
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software packages.
• Perform other duties as required.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within seven (7) days from date of first appearance of this advertisement which is 16th July 2021.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. However, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website: www.tgnp.or.tz