Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Specialist Trainer – Underground Mine Equipment
Position: Specialist Trainer – Underground Mine Equipment.
Job Number: GGM-2021 -XTRI-02.
Number of Positions: 02.
Works For: Superintendent-Training & Development
- Licensed / certified underground mine equipment operator.
- A recognized underground mine equipment training certificate / experience.
- Extensive experience (10+ years) working as a Specialist Trainer – underground mine equipment.
- A multi-skilled underground mine drilling equipment operator / trainer preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of underground mining practices and efficient operations of underground equipment.
Purpose of the Role:
Specialist Trainer – Underground Mine Equipment role focusses exclusively on the training and coaching of National Underground Mine Equipment Operators to ensure that they operate the relevant equipment safely, effectively and suitably to underground conditions and in compliance with site specific survey instructions. Based on experience and level of specialty; the incumbent may also train other national trainers (ToT) to enhance their capabilities and create a strong base for local trainers to take over the roles once expat incumbents are gone.
The role incumbent is expected to provide advanced training, coaching and technical support to Tanzanian new and exiting operators of heavy underground mining equipment, to ensure effective development of the professional capabilities of Tanzanian mining equipment operators, within the context of training, coaching and assessment by ensuring training is conducted to required standards, that support business needs of Geita Gold Mine
Main or Key Accountabilities:
Health, Environment and Safety
- Comply with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations which cannot be corrected by an individual himself, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of work.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
- Take reasonable care for your own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by your acts.
- Perform proper pre-start checks of the equipment and Take5 at the work area.
- Report all observed equipment’s defects to maintenance team for repairs.
- Ensure that all tools are serviceable and safe to use.
Underground Mine Equipment Training
- Ensure effective transfer of skills and knowledge to Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/ Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) following the set development plans.
- Develop and review comprehensive training modules for a wide range of underground mine equipment to be used for training Tanzanian equipment operators to meet business standards.
- Develop / Review and implement a robust training programme that includes training of GGML’s internal staff to upgrade to acceptable levels of competency for operating underground mine equipment to enable business continuity.
- Provide specialist advise to Training Superintendent on alternative training solutions for underground mining equipment operations, to meet both short term and long-term business requirements.
- Review and enforce the company Training calendar along with underground Training Matrix schedule.
- Conduct at three-dimension (3D) assessment of underground equipment’s operating skilled knowledge for operators to ensure they meet the equipment operating standards.
- To train and coach new and existing Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/
- Tele-Remote Operator) and to grow their ability to function optimally under all underground mining conditions.
- Review and modify training development plans for identified national successors and provide regular feedback on their progress.
- Prepare bi-annual training report on the progress of the identified national successors on-the-job
- Training and coaching of Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) suitable to underground conditions and in compliance with site specific drill patterns and survey instruction.
- Training and coaching Equipment Operators (National Jumbo/Longhole/Bogger/Tele-Remote Operator) to optimise deliverables maintaining or adherence to equipment and operating specification
- Communicate with Underground mine department, HR, Surveyors, Mechanics, Geologists and Enaineers as required.
- Extensive experience on All or key underground heavy mining equipment operations.
- Ability to plan organise, allocate, execute and monitor / control work.
- Ability to improve / maintain operational effectiveness within process.
- Ability to follow & apply organisational procedures and legislative requirements;
- Ability to analyse, validate & verify analytical data.
- Understanding of how training and development supports the workplace, how training fits into the
- performance management system and the impact training has on performance measurements.
- Understanding of how training and development support and fits into Talent & Succession Management.
- Ability to facilitate focus group discussions, conduct classroom learning sessions, seminars and workshops.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language.
- Advanced Coaching and training skills Control cost as per budgeting skills Stress management skills Time management skills
- Must have decision making skills to perform a task assigned in the safest and most efficient manner not to jeopardize safety or production.
- Ability to apply managerial leadership concepts in workplace.
Mode of Application:
Application cover letter (Subject should be Specialist Trainer – Underground Mine Equipment and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
P.O. Box 532,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental Senior Officer Human Resources. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 07th May 2021 – 17hr30.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.