Announcement Number: Dar es Salaam-2021-040
Hiring Agency: Embassy Dar Es SalaamPosition
Title: Telephone Technician (Radio Technician) (All interested Candidates)
Open Period: 10/12/2021 – 10/26/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+3
Series/Grade: LE – 0615 6
Salary: TZS TSh24,989,567
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 Hours a week work schedule
Promotion Potential: LE-6
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section000-000-0000 [email protected]
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- Summary: The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Telephone Technician (Radio Technician) in the Information Management Section.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Occasional Travel
Coordinates with the Radio/Telephone Assistant to maintain an appropriate stock of spare and replacement radios, parts, and accessories and to maintain an up-to-date inventory. Plans for replacement and repair of defective equipment taking into account ordering and shipping times.
Telephone Support 20%
Acts as primary backup to the Radio/Telephone Supervisor. In that capacity performs minor telephone line installations and troubleshooting and assists with residential make-readies.
IT Inventory 30%
Receives, inventories, stores and tracks all movement of IT assets in and out of the IT department. Responsible to keep all spare and not in operation unclassified IT asset/equipment until the deployment time. Coordinates/collects information from technicians to records through scanning all items coming in and out of storage, workshops, and deployed for use. Uses the ILMS IT Asset Manager Application.
Note: “This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.”
- EXPERIENCE: At least two years of experience in installation/repair/maintenance of radios is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Secondary School Education is required. Minimum one-month Field Training Course in telecommunications is required.
- LANGUAGE: Good working knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) English is required. Good working knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) Kiswahili is required. (This may be tested)EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Agency Benefits: The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Secondary School Certificate
- Copy of Field Training Certificate
- A proof of Citizenship
- A copy of Work Permit if not TZ national
- Other Document (if any)
- Other Document 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.