Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria.
The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Process Plant
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Purpose of the role is to execute mechanical fitting works safely and responsibly within the process plant (i.e., Preventive, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment). The role will be assigned to a specific section of the plant by the maintenance superintendent and will be working under the immediate supervision of the crew supervisor and the sections senior supervisor.
- Form IV Secondary Education with VETA Qualification Grade I or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least 3-5 years’ fitting experience the manufacturing, mining, or any related similar industry with specific experience in the following equipment’s: big crushers – gyratory, cone, big mills – SAG and ball, Thickeners, Hydraulic drives – apron feeders etc, Pumps and Gearboxes.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Safety Health and Environment (HSE): Take responsibility of your own health and safety
- Observing all HSE Policies and Procedures relevant to the job in hand.
- Mini risk assessment – continuously think about and plan job before commencement.
- Always use correct tooling.
- Utilize all necessary permits where required.
- Tag out and report any unsafe equipment immediately.
- Report all incidents immediately and participate in investigations and remediation activities.
- Remove all scrap or left-over materials immediately and ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Taking care of your own personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Maintenance Execution: Carry out all maintenance duties including:
- Routine inspection of a range of different Fixed Plant equipment to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Carrying out planned and unplanned (breakdowns etc.) maintenance tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Troubleshooting faults and repairing equipment as needed.
- Report any lost or damaged tooling.
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
- Possession of Basic Trade Skills
- Able to read, understand and utilize all plant technical manuals
- Specialized training on various pieces of equipment as required
- Computer Literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
- Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1- Fitter Mechanics”.
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 7th September 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.