ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and a supporting office in Dar es Salaam.
Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance-driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 2 – Mechanic
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To perform and complete all task assignment safely, using correct work method and safety precautions to the required quality standard, completing task on time, and effectively using the resources, given for each task. Execute all planned and unplanned tasks and release the equipment safely to the Mining operation team.
- VETA Trade Test Grade One or level three certificate, Full Technician Certificate, or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive engineering or above.
- Possession of valid Tanzanian Driving license will be added advantage.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years or more experience as a Mechanic in the maintenance of BELL Trucks especially 835L, Normet Machines, R2900 Loader, AD60, Different Model of Mining CAT (Caterpillars Machines), RH 40 & 170 Excavators and MT 4400AC.
- Proven experience in Troubleshooting and maintenance work on BELL and CAT Equipment.
- Ability to use special diagnosis tools and reading schematic diagram.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and approve quality of job done.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure that the work is conducted in a safe working practices and procedures.
- Conduct inspection on equipment’s to identify damages or defect and document on the register and submit to your supervisor for more actions.
- Execute all mining equipment maintenance tasks assigned following approved work procedures.
- Ensure all tasks are performed safely according to GGM Safety Standards procedures.
- Repair equipment and report completion of tasks to Senior Supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all time.
- Report to Supervisor any unsafe equipment immediately.
- Ensure that the work is performed to the OEM’S up standard and ensure quality of work to increase up time after the equipment is released to production.
- Be able to plan work before execution.
- Carry out work as required or directed.
- Meet work delivery deadlines to minimize the demand for resources without exceeding the required by Date for work completion.
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
- Ensure quality of workmanship on all tasks which are executed.
- Ensure equipment release checklist is completed before equipment is released.
- Provide quality oversight for component rebuild to ensure the components overhaul meet OEM as a minimum standard for overhaul.
- Possess interpersonal skills to get the job done on time without compromising Safety and Quality.
- Honest and open minded.
- Must have good written and oral communications skills in English language.
- Must be able to work with the team members and shows Leadership skills.
- Able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with cross functional teams.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 2 – Mechanic”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 21st November 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com